Sprintex Supercharger Intalled

-I've had a couple axle sets regeared in OC both under $1k OTD.

-The gears would have made a far more significant difference in off the line acceleration than the S/C has. With 4.88's you'd be perfectly geared for NA or boost even up to 37's.

-I have a Ripp on my 07 and I hate what it did to the cruise control, I'm interested in feedback on the drive ability of your Sprintex. How well does it drive normally at light and moderate throttle on flat roads. Any surging? Hows the cruise control working up grades and on flat roads?

I am considering one for my 2012.

My RIPP has no problems with Cruise control!! It does have a skinny pedal and takes a little getting use to!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

feederic

-I've had a couple axle sets regeared in OC both under $1k OTD.

-The gears would have made a far more significant difference in off the line acceleration than the S/C has. With 4.88's you'd be perfectly geared for NA or boost even up to 37's.

-I have a Ripp on my 07 and I hate what it did to the cruise control, I'm interested in feedback on the drive ability of your Sprintex. How well does it drive normally at light and moderate throttle on flat roads. Any surging? Hows the cruise control working up grades and on flat roads?

I am considering one for my 2012.

I’m not anti gear, I knew I wanted more power and nobody could answer how to size gears and a supercharger. Plus, I’ll be moving to 37s once my 35s are shot and then I’ll consider gears.

Traffic here is abysmal, I rarely get to use cruise control.

At extremely light throttle it drives like stock, boost builds instantly as I depress the throttle up to about 6PSI. Then there is a bypass valve that opens around 4K rpm and the Jeep just becomes scary.

I can spin 35s off the line if I want to. I dyno almost 80 ftlbs and 50 hp more than any Jeep hemi/LS dynograph I could find. It’s purely rediculous, and my Jeep will eventually be a secondary fun vehicle.

I think for most, gears and a tune is an excellent choice.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I could give two shits if someone runs a supercharger, provided I don’t have to listen to that awful noise on the trails.

Exodus 4x4

Customer came by the shop not long ago, buying a PR44 for his new Jeep. Last one burned to the ground. When I asked what happened he said he was driving down the interstate playing cat and mouse with some truck, when suddenly he heard a loud bang and saw something fly out from under the Jeep and skid across the road, into the median. Suddenly flames start coming out from under the hood and the cabin fills with smoke. Jeep burns to the ground.
That’s when he starts telling me about how awesome the supercharger was on that Jeep....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Customer came by the shop not long ago, buying a PR44 for his new Jeep. Last one burned to the ground. When I asked what happened he said he was driving down the interstate playing cat and mouse with some truck, when suddenly he heard a loud bang and saw something fly out from under the Jeep and skid across the road, into the median. Suddenly flames start coming out from under the hood and the cabin fills with smoke. Jeep burns to the ground.
That’s when he starts telling me about how awesome the supercharger was on that Jeep....

Dude sounds lit!

dwvninety

I thought about a supercharger, turbo or re-gear but I got better performance by just using this sticker.... TypeR.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: :cheesy: That was a funny read. Thanks for sharing this with us :D

jesse3638

Hooked
Regardless of opinions I'm curious how long the 3.8 or 3.6 will last being supercharged? I can't imagine it would make it nearly as long as a naturally aspirated version.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Regardless of opinions I'm curious how long the 3.8 or 3.6 will last being supercharged? I can't imagine it would make it nearly as long as a naturally aspirated version.

Yeah, it works on most engines but I don’t feel like either the 3.8 or the 3.6 can sustain that kind stress even with the forged internal upgrades. Just my opinion though. It’s too bad too because if I thought for a minute they’d hold up over the long haul, I’d much rather go this route than all the trouble of a V8 swap.

feederic

The pentastars come fairly built from the factory. Forged rods, 6 bolt main... the pistons are pretty much the only thing to worry about.

There are MANY challenger/charger 3.6 pentastars running high 14-15 PSI at WOT on the drag strips with the SPS kit and 60mm pulley. I have yet to hear of one blow up.The only confirmed JKs I could find with a blown motor had 3.8s in them. The local shops here tell me the same thing. Overheating is the other concern, but like I said climbing uphill and making boost my engine stays cool at 185-190 degrees thanks to some tuning. Idling on the street in stop and go and it sits at 185. I set the shift points and firmness to where I wanted them as part of the tuning process as well. 75 MPH is at around 2250 RPM.

I'll see if it holds up, but I have no reason to see why it wouldn't. Just because I have over 500 crank HP, doesn't mean I use it all the time - or treat it like a dragster.

I'm interested to see the longevity of the 3.6 with the supercharger on... especially the axles after some good trail use. Their site claims the off the shelf tune will work perfectly, although I'd feel more comfortable with a dyno tune. Prior to my JK I had a modified turbo Subaru and have read about inconsistencies with off the shelf tunes causing blown motors.

I'm currently at 63k miles and have thrown around the idea of putting on a Sprintex kit later down the road if one comes up at the right price. I have met one guy with a sprintex kit on his 3.6 and likes it, although his rig isn't a daily driver. A 6.4 hemi would be my end goal, but spending the money on that swap is a hard pill to swallow.

Top Bottom