What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Turbo21

You do know you can go around that shit, right?

What fun is that? Some days it’s trails and hill climbs. Some days it’s total mud fest

Best part of the day is when the smart ass in the side by side thought he could show me up and run through what we spent hours getting out of. Yeah....... he didn’t make it either lmfao

IMG_0919.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgnjeep

WD-40?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I used a jack and couple blocks of wood after soaking the hinges with pb blaster over the course of a week. Tough part was getting the door to lift without just raising the whole Jeep they were that stuck.

I ended up removing the door by unbolting the hinges from the inside, then pounded the hinges apart with a hammer and block of wood.
There was a thin layer of something inside the hinge that was peeling off and gumming up one of the hinges.
Works great after the clean up.

Mikehelms348

The front driver and passenger floor boards fill with water during rain storms. i have checked the drain plugs cleaned them and reinstalled them, the hard top seal is good no water running down from there at all. after all this is done i still have a slight leak.

RCVRY

Had a new rattle start last week. Finally warm enough today check it out. Found a bolt had fallen out on the right rear upper shock mount. Pulled the other bolt and took it to Ace; got two new ones and a fresh bottle of blue loctite.

Something I remembered today: it’s incredibly annoying to climb under the Jeep with your wrench, bolt and new tube of loctite; only to remember you forgot to clip the end of the tube.

Also, I remembered I know how loctite taste.

DMF

A couple weeks ago when I replaced my shocks. After unbolting only the bottom bolt on the front passenger side, the shock fell out immediately. The bolt on the top was still on the shock but the bushing and washers were gone. The original lift was installed by the dealer and I never took the shock off until then. They must have installed my lift on a Friday.

PokerStogey

Had a new rattle start last week. Finally warm enough today check it out. Found a bolt had fallen out on the right rear upper shock mount. Pulled the other bolt and took it to Ace; got two new ones and a fresh bottle of blue loctite.

Something I remembered today: it’s incredibly annoying to climb under the Jeep with your wrench, bolt and new tube of loctite; only to remember you forgot to clip the end of the tube.

Also, I remembered I know how loctite taste.

Lol... dammit!

Jsouder53

Hooked
Check engine light on, abs light on, traction control light on, bas light on

Might be a bad abs sensor connection or might need to be replaced. I would get a obd2 scanner if I were you, it will tell you exactly what’s going on. They are very handy and can be in expensive

I’ve got the blue driver scanner and some people like the obd j scan which there is a thread on:

OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=56619

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Check engine light on, abs light on, traction control light on, bas light on

What Jsouder53 said.

Also, if you run that way too long you risk another sensor failing and when two go down you go into limp mode and the trans won't shift if it is an automatic.

Yes, I learned that the hard way.

If it happens and you are driving, keep going. If you go to neutral, you will be stuck in first. If that happens, shut off, re start, go to manual and select second. It won't let you go higher. If you move at all in first, that will be all you get.
If you select second, it will stay there.

I had to drive about 15 miles home that way, and felt pretty stupid.

Top Bottom