What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Sbranham86

What Jsouder53 said.

Also, if you run that way too long you risk another sensor failing and when two go down you go into limp mode and the trans won't shift if it is an automatic.

Yes, I learned that the hard way.

If it happens and you are driving, keep going. If you go to neutral, you will be stuck in first. If that happens, shut off, re start, go to manual and select second. It won't let you go higher. If you move at all in first, that will be all you get.
If you select second, it will stay there.

I had to drive about 15 miles home that way, and felt pretty stupid.

I have the superchips flashcal, my cel is for egr. Everything else happened after the wife forced me to go muddin on logging roads by the house. I've pulled them all and cleaned them and is been better. Use to come on right away but sometimes they stay off for a few days. I have a manual trans thank god

jdofmemi

I have the superchips flashcal, my cel is for egr. Everything else happened after the wife forced me to go muddin on logging roads by the house. I've pulled them all and cleaned them and is been better. Use to come on right away but sometimes they stay off for a few days. I have a manual trans thank god

You might have to pull the rotors and clean the tone rings. If they pack with mud it will "muddy" the signal so the sensors don't get a good consistent reading.

Jsouder53

Hooked

That’s good you have a manual! Sounds to me like one might be shot. Once you get a scanner, it will tell you which one is bad. That away you don’t have to go around replacing each one.

Ruvicon

Happy Freaking Friday!

So just got on the freeway this morning, then start to see a bunch of smoke behind me, so quickly find a place to pull over, then smoke really started billowing from under the hood. Pop the hood and see flames along the firewall. Grab my extinguisher and put them out. Not a huge fire, but any fire sucks... I can’t tell what caused it yet. I’m assuming a leaky gas line?? Too much of a mess to tell.
IMG_8341.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Happy Freaking Friday!

So just got on the freeway this morning, then start to see a bunch of smoke behind me, so quickly find a place to pull over, then smoke really started billowing from under the hood. Pop the hood and see flames along the firewall. Grab my extinguisher and put them out. Not a huge fire, but any fire sucks... I can’t tell what caused it yet. I’m assuming a leaky gas line?? Too much of a mess to tell.
View attachment 324025

Yikes! Glad you’re ok. Dang Vic

PokerStogey

Happy Freaking Friday!

View attachment 324025

Ouch... glad you saw that in time to get it put out. Good luck and keep us posted

jdofmemi

Happy Freaking Friday!

View attachment 324025

Damn! Glad you had an extinguisher and caught it in time.
Vehicle fires don't take long to get out of control.

Best news is you are Ok.

Now to see how bad the damages are.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Happy Freaking Friday!

View attachment 324025

Damn! Glad you caught it in time and are ok.

JKbrick

Happy Freaking Friday!

View attachment 324025

Holy crap, glad you were not hurt and I hate to admit it but as much as I love the Brick I think I’d let it burn, a fire seems like it would be a nightmare to fix

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Happy Freaking Friday!

View attachment 324025

Glad your ok , jeep can be replaced or repaired..

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

MrEmmDubya

Seized up hinges on passenger door of my 2011 JK. The door barely moves. Will have to remove the door with the hinges on and try to beat them apart and clean them up.

Anyone else has had this issue? Any tips?
I used a ratchet strap from the bottom of the door to the ceiling. Applied some pressure and then worked the door back and forth. A little at a time will barely cinching the strap till it slowly lifted the door out.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Happy Freaking Friday!

Glad you are okay man!!! Also glad it was just a small fire, not your whole Jeep!!!

Lojo

Happy Freaking Friday!

View attachment 324025

Holy shit!! Glad your ok!!! If you need any help with anything let me know. Hope it gets fixed up soon!!

Sbranham86

Put on new synergy fixed lower control arms, while looking around under there noticed the rzeppa joint was torn and screwed up, also the left front wheel bearing is shot.

Top Bottom