Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

FrigginPope

Hey guys, guess I won't be coming today after all. I was free of my cold for 4 days but yesterday afternoon it hit me all over again.

If we don't get together again before hand, I hope to see some of you at EJS.

98XJ06LJ

Sweet, been awhile since we've seen you!
Just saw your post from the recovery the other day. I'm guessing someone went a little farther on the road to Meadow Creek than they should have huh? Unless they lost it on those steep switch backs. I've pulled a few out of the snow bank there when snowmobiling. Any way.... Enjoy the beers!! 🍺🍻

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Just saw your post from the recovery the other day. I'm guessing someone went a little farther on the road to Meadow Creek than they should have huh? Unless they lost it on those steep switch backs. I've pulled a few out of the snow bank there when snowmobiling. Any way.... Enjoy the beers!! [emoji481][emoji482]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yep! They didnt read the signage that clearly stated what was required. We saw quite a few snowmobiles while out there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I'm considering putting together a local Wayalife winter camping night if anyone is interested. I won't list the location publicly, but it will be near Allenspark, CO. Hoping to do it during late February or early March for those interested. It will require about a mile hike with backpacking gear. For anyone who hasn't done Winter camping, other than summer gear, the only items needed are a good sleeping pad and bag along with good winter boots and a good jacket. I'm experienced enough to provide tips and tricks along with miscellaneous gear recommendations for the smaller details. If anyone is interested in doing something like this, let me know.

Bierpower

Hooked
I'm considering putting together a local Wayalife winter camping night if anyone is interested. I won't list the location publicly, but it will be near Allenspark, CO. Hoping to do it during late February or early March for those interested. It will require about a mile hike with backpacking gear. For anyone who hasn't done Winter camping, other than summer gear, the only items needed are a good sleeping pad and bag along with good winter boots and a good jacket. I'm experienced enough to provide tips and tricks along with miscellaneous gear recommendations for the smaller details. If anyone is interested in doing something like this, let me know.
I would definitely be interested.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
It was good to see so many of you the other day! Good turnout for last minute planning. Chinaman's Gulch sounds like the next run we'll be doing in Feb. Thinking Feb 23 right now. Thoughts?

Slimebones

It was good to see so many of you the other day! Good turnout for last minute planning. Chinaman's Gulch sounds like the next run we'll be doing in Feb. Thinking Feb 23 right now. Thoughts?

My thoughts: Having run this trail, it is perhaps my favorite, obstacle wise. Having said that, I would personally not want to run it with any snow coverage, as it could be too difficult to go away with a good feeling. Would probably taint your opinion of this trail. Therefore, I recommend waiting for a last minute decision to determine whether we run this on the 23rd of Feb. I will leave it open on my calendar, as I can't stand this cabin fever!!!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
My thoughts: Having run this trail, it is perhaps my favorite, obstacle wise. Having said that, I would personally not want to run it with any snow coverage, as it could be too difficult to go away with a good feeling. Would probably taint your opinion of this trail. Therefore, I recommend waiting for a last minute decision to determine whether we run this on the 23rd of Feb. I will leave it open on my calendar, as I can't stand this cabin fever!!!

Yeah, I think it goes without saying we'll have to eval the conditions prior and make a last minute call. I'm travelling nearly 100% for the next 4 weeks straight...its going to be a tough stretch, and this falls right in the middle of it so I'm hoping for the best.

Top Bottom