What was done to your rig this week?

mattfl

Installed a diabolical inc. slipstream XLS security/storage cover.

This thing is pretty badass. Completely secure enclosure, made of high quality parts right here in the USA.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1366.jpg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1372.jpg
    IMG_1372.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1375.jpg
    IMG_1375.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 194

jdofmemi

This thing is pretty badass. Completely secure enclosure, made of high quality parts right here in the USA.

That looks good.

I do wonder how secure it is, with the top bolts exposed like they are. Just looking at the pictures, it looks like a person could unbolt the top and get right in.

Am I missing something here?

danford.lau

Caught the Bug

Looks great . Like the Tuffy but with built in tie downs and a hinge top. Seems to be about 1/3 more expensive than the Tuffy too

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mattfl

That looks good.

I do wonder how secure it is, with the top bolts exposed like they are. Just looking at the pictures, it looks like a person could unbolt the top and get right in.

Am I missing something here?

95% of the bolts are carriage bolts and can only be removed by removing the nut from the inside of the enclosure. The 6(3 each side) you see on the outside are secured with nylon locking nuts, so they aren't going anywhere either unless you get a wrench on the nut as well.

jdofmemi

95% of the bolts are carriage bolts and can only be removed by removing the nut from the inside of the enclosure. The 6(3 each side) you see on the outside are secured with nylon locking nuts, so they aren't going anywhere either unless you get a wrench on the nut as well.

Sounds like it is secure then.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

USMC Wrangler

View attachment 325793
View attachment 325794
View attachment 325795
Finally got around to installing my rock lights.

Looks great!

Brakes on all four corners, broke my factory tire carrier, made a temporary license plate bracket, got my spare replaced and new WAL banner installed.

IMG_7540.jpg

IMG_7560.jpg

IMG_7552.jpg

IMG_7571.jpg

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Just changed trans and transfer case fluids for the first time. Also greased all control arms.

Trans had a good deal of fuzz on the drain plug. Nothing too alarming I don’t think from my aircraft mech days. Only had 1 3D chip which wasn’t very big. Also not very much fluid drained outta the trans. Now sure how but I don’t think they filled it all the way at the factory.

IMG_8113.jpg
IMG_8114.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom