Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

TrailHunter

Hooked
After a month of waiting for parts (idiots sent me the wrong spin basket the first time)... I got the washer back together and everything seems to be working perfect. Going to the coin laundry sure does make you appreciate a machine at home.... Wife is happy and that shit box washer is out of my garage... what a pain in the Arse.

IMG_0248.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
After a month of waiting for parts (idiots sent me the wrong spin basket the first time)... I got the washer back together and everything seems to be working perfect. Going to the coin laundry sure does make you appreciate a machine at home.... Wife is happy and that shit box washer is out of my garage... what a pain in the Arse.

Nice work.

jesse3638

Hooked

View attachment 327006
Awesome! One things learned is how expensive certain parts can be, realistically making the appliance disposable. It's so stupid. Fortunately the washer and dryer haven't been overly pricedcto repair. Poor Maytag repairman.ceven if he had work her be out of a job

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked

jesse3638

Hooked
Well we moved into the new place last weekend. I noticed in the backyard some moisture on the ground. There was what appeared to be a sprinkler pattern, but the sprinklers in that area were off. This had progressed to standing water in the mornings and I was getting concerned I had a leak somewhere. So last night the sprinklers for the community landscape turned on and I spent a few mins watching them. One of the is misaligned and sprays the wall behind my house and they run so long run off seeps through the footing of the wall. I can now finally relax and realize I get free irrigation for what ever I plant there...haha. Most likely a rose garden.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Well we moved into the new place last weekend. I noticed in the backyard some moisture on the ground. There was what appeared to be a sprinkler pattern, but the sprinklers in that area were off. This had progressed to standing water in the mornings and I was getting concerned I had a leak somewhere. So last night the sprinklers for the community landscape turned on and I spent a few mins watching them. One of the is misaligned and sprays the wall behind my house and they run so long run off seeps through the footing of the wall. I can now finally relax and realize I get free irrigation for what ever I plant there...haha. Most likely a rose garden.

Hahaha glad it’s nothing you need to be concerned about [emoji23]

TrailHunter

Hooked
So my Pops 2012 Chevy Tahoe has been making some rear end noise and he narrowed down to something in the main housing.... after going back and forth with his mechanic, we decided to do it ourselves. Both of us have never rebuilt a rear end and were willing to learn..... today we got everything apart and realized the main pinion bearing was pretty jacked up... we got the new bearing pressed on and Pinion installed. It was a slow process for us, as the preload was reading too high... but finally realized the pinion seal wasn’t set in enough and causing some resistance against the yoke. All is good now and ready to move forward tomorrow. It was a Fun day working with my Dad and learning some new shit together... Lots of cursing and laughing... and building the confidence to do my own gear change on the Jeep.

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

black pearl

Hooked
So my Pops 2012 Chevy Tahoe has been making some rear end noise and he narrowed down to something in the main housing.... after going back and forth with his mechanic, we decided to do it ourselves. Both of us have never rebuilt a rear end and were willing to learn..... today we got everything apart and realized the main pinion bearing was pretty jacked up... we got the new bearing pressed on and Pinion installed. It was a slow process for us, as the preload was reading too high... but finally realized the pinion seal wasn’t set in enough and causing some resistance against the yoke. All is good now and ready to move forward tomorrow. It was a Fun day working with my Dad and learning some new shit together... Lots of cursing and laughing... and building the confidence to do my own gear change on the Jeep.

View attachment 327376

View attachment 327377

Great job! 🤙 its time consuming and tedious but in the end feels good doing it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

Nice work. I see a lot of GM diffs with that exact issue. Hopefully from here on, you'll be trouble-free.

rubiDave

View attachment 327376

View attachment 327377
That's cool. Maybe he can help you install your lift sometime soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom