OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Well, I just tried this after completely returning mine to stock with the superchips. I adjusted axle ratio and tire size which caused mine to go into limp mode. I even tried programming three times without success. This is the OBD adapter I bought to use with my iPhone 7. It connected fine, but even with the CEL on, the app wouldn’t read the code.

There are only a handful of adapters that the app developers have tested and verified to work correctly. I think most that are the same style as you have won’t work. I have one very similar and it won’t work. I ended up with the Vgate icar pro. Its the second one on this list.

http://jscan.net/supported-and-not-supported-obd-adapters/

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Crap! I must’ve misunderstood. I’ll send this one back.

Your adapter is fine! Either it connects or it doesn’t. I have the exact same one.

Changing gear ratio is a two step process. You probably completed the first part which is to use the gear ratio adaptation. Then you have to enable or initialize EGS:

IMG_9126.jpg

JScan has a video on Facebook dated April 21 that describes the process more thoroughly. I suggest watching it starting at the 5 minute mark.

IMG_9127.jpg

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

Your adapter is fine! Either it connects or it doesn’t. I have the exact same one.

Changing gear ratio is a two step process. You probably completed the first part which is to use the gear ratio adaptation. Then you have to enable or initialize EGS:

View attachment 326768

JScan has a video on Facebook dated April 21 that describes the process more thoroughly. I suggest watching it starting at the 5 minute mark.

If already have a programmer, why switch in the first place?

Thanks, I was wondering if I missed a step. I’ll look for the video.

The Superchips has been ok. When I regeared I had programming problems and I have to go through a bunch of steps to adjust the TPMS. Also, when I first got it, it was a PITA to get working. If I can get the JScan to work for me, I could sell the Superchips.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Thanks, I was wondering if I missed a step. I’ll look for the video.

The Superchips has been ok. When I regeared I had programming problems and I have to go through a bunch of steps to adjust the TPMS. Also, when I first got it, it was a PITA to get working. If I can get the JScan to work for me, I could sell the Superchips.

Ok, I hope it works out for you. Unfortunately I have no first hand experience with these adaptations. I edited my post where I asked about the programmer thinking it was none of my business [emoji38].

USMC Wrangler

Ok, I hope it works out for you. Unfortunately I have no first hand experience with these adaptations. I edited my post where I asked about the programmer thinking it was none of my business [emoji38].

No worries. I think the question was/is a reasonable one.

WxNerd2015

You should be able to enable the backup camera. It work for me on both my JK and KK. I’m not sure about the LED light hyper flash, but this adaptation might help:

View attachment 326733

But I have never tried it.

Thanks for the response! I will hopefully try the backup cam soon, and I have the quad headlight mode activated already from another programmer, and definitely like those features! I sent a message to the developer about the hyper-flash (bulb out warning) deactivation! I will see what comes back!

james2003w

I was interested in this app when i learned about it from a youtube channel.

I have a 2015, and as we all know you cannot make changes unless you unlock the ECU... didn't have to do that with the JScan app.
Now I have my tires sized right, so the speedo is accurate once again. Also have the fog lights on for DRL which has been nice.

Sadly, I paid the dealer to activate the backup camera... cuz I did that about 2 months after buying my jeep...

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I was interested in this app when i learned about it from a youtube channel.

I have a 2015, and as we all know you cannot make changes unless you unlock the ECU... didn't have to do that with the JScan app.
Now I have my tires sized right, so the speedo is accurate once again. Also have the fog lights on for DRL which has been nice.

Sadly, I paid the dealer to activate the backup camera... cuz I did that about 2 months after buying my jeep...

Welcome to Wayalife.

USMC Wrangler

View attachment 326768

View attachment 326769

So I haven’t had time to mess with this more, yet. I apparently forgot to reset my TPMS threshold back to stock because I’m at 28 psi and no lights. THAT, all by itself is worth what I’ve paid.

I will go back and see if I can get the gear ratio to take, following that video.

Has anyone messed with the tcase low settings at all? I’m really happy with 4 low in Spider after the regear, but if I can squeeze a little more out of it, well...

Aussiecrd

CRD, yeah I know you want one, ha ha ha

Hi Jeepers, I was wondering if you know it the Jscan will work with the diesel JK , 2009 if that helps

bushpilotmexico

This may sound like a stupid question but Wranglers don't come with a factory back up camera. Does the activation to turn on the back up camera only apply to after market kits that hook into the dash display?

One particular kit that I saw on Google comes with a chip that performs the activation.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
This may sound like a stupid question but Wranglers don't come with a factory back up camera. Does the activation to turn on the back up camera only apply to after market kits that hook into the dash display?

One particular kit that I saw on Google comes with a chip that performs the activation.

Here is a link to my install:

Oscar's No Build Thread: Backup Camera

https://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=1121162

All you need is a head unit with a screen like a stock 430, 430n or 730n a wire harness with proper plugs, female/female RCA adapter and the camera. Cost me $42.

Aussiecrd

Thanks Guys, only fresh on here, but seems a lot more action than the other Jeep page I was in, just waiting for my bluthtooth OBD2 sender and I can have a play with it

I haven't used the app to diagnose as of yet. Do you get the codes still on the dash when you cycle the key?

Nothing on the dash but the Jeep decided to lose power (electrical) at a red light. Pulled into parking lot and traction control light was still on. Went away when I restarted it but ran scan when I got to work. Tried to replicate the problem and couldn’t but then one of the times I turned vehicle off/ on it struggled and wouldn’t turn over.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom