Cozdude's build of Knuckles

USMC Wrangler

Finally got around to replacing my factory track bars today while at work. Frame side bushing is shot to say the least [emoji23]
https://youtu.be/_6inww465-E

I just turned 76,000 also and have been wondering about mine as well.

Damn near every one we see come through the shop is like that, even the very low mileage ones.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Any recommendations on similar replacements that last longer?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks. Is it a matter of better bushings, or should I say, longer lasting? Sorry for the hijack, Coz!

Lol all good.

Synergy uses a different joint. I went with crown cause of price point but also because it has the “old style” factory bushing that was used in 07-10 models which was better.

Exodus 4x4

Thanks. Is it a matter of better bushings, or should I say, longer lasting? Sorry for the hijack, Coz!

Some people have their mind made up that they must have something different than what was there before. I like the fact that Synergy allows you to adjust the track bar in place, and I think they build quality parts.

USMC Wrangler

Lol all good.

Synergy uses a different joint. I went with crown cause of price point but also because it has the “old style” factory bushing that was used in 07-10 models which was better.

Some people have their mind made up that they must have something different than what was there before. I like the fact that Synergy allows you to adjust the track bar in place, and I think they build quality parts.

Ok, good to know. Thanks fellas! [emoji1303]

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well I found a good deal on a lightly used spiderweb shade jkini on Facebook marketplace the other day and was able to pick it up today. Just installed it and I have some mixed feelings on it.

Pros: blocks the sun really well but let’s enough in that you feel it.

Still feels “open” air

Morgan will not get as sunburnt now lol

Cons: makes opening the sunrider feature difficult from driver seat. Need to get out to fold the top back easily.

Little difficult to latch the top down.

Previous owner was a smoker so not a con on spiderwebs end lol

IMG_0391.jpg
IMG_0392.jpg

Gonna run it for a little and see how I like it. Need to get the top and doors off and see how it works.

Ddays

Hooked
I really like mine. It lets enough sun in like you said but still feels open. I like it even more when it's 90* out :thumb:
A little Febreze will help with the smoker smell.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I really like mine. It lets enough sun in like you said but still feels open. I like it even more when it's 90* out :thumb:
A little Febreze will help with the smoker smell.

Yea I went out and sprayed it after I wrote the post lol

Have you been able to find extra straps online anywhere besides their site? I need the short ones for the front

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Today I finally got to put the top down (after a week of hail, tornado watches, and constant thunderstorms) and really test out the spiderwebshade jkini I got from Facebook marketplace.

First impression is that it works really well! Let’s in just enough sun that you feel it but it doesn’t feel like the top is up. It has small gaps by the roll bars but that isn’t enough to cry about fitment.

Really the only negative things I can think of are
1.that the latches are tough to close when putting to top up do to where spider balls loop thru
IMG_0444.jpg
2. That the sunrider feature of the soft top is now more difficult to fold back when it’s just me

Outside of those two things I highly recommend a shade if you like going topless and wanna reduce the chance of getting burned.

IMG_0444.jpg
IMG_0444.jpg
IMG_0444.jpg

Top Bottom