OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

sm31

Was wondering if anyone using can tell me if “stored” means the error is current or not. I cleared and it came back but still as stored.

I have noticed that too. I believe they are there for "historical" context. I've noticed a few stored codes but none are currently active. What I don't know is how to clear the stored codes... if I want to.

Whitarmy

Nothing on the dash but the Jeep decided to lose power (electrical) at a red light. Pulled into parking lot and traction control light was still on. Went away when I restarted it but ran scan when I got to work. Tried to replicate the problem and couldn’t but then one of the times I turned vehicle off/ on it struggled and wouldn’t turn over.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

When mine did that, it was the negative terminal that was loose. I tapped it down on the terminal before tightening it and it sat down about 1/8” more on the terminal and was tighter than it ever had been

I have noticed that too. I believe they are there for "historical" context. I've noticed a few stored codes but none are currently active. What I don't know is how to clear the stored codes... if I want to.

I messaged the developer and he said to go into the modules (?) to try clearing the stored ones that won’t leave. Have yet to try but it also will let me check the SAS angle to see if that’s the issue

sm31

I messaged the developer and he said to go into the modules (?) to try clearing the stored ones that won’t leave. Have yet to try but it also will let me check the SAS angle to see if that’s the issue

Hmmm... I don't really understand that either. But I'm not near my Jeep at the moment. In demo mode the Modules just display information about each particular component. Guess I'll go back in there and see if anything additional pops up for the stored codes but at this point the Modules look purely informational.

Hmmm... I don't really understand that either. But I'm not near my Jeep at the moment. In demo mode the Modules just display information about each particular component. Guess I'll go back in there and see if anything additional pops up for the stored codes but at this point the Modules look purely informational.

Was able to get into them and let’s you scan for codes. Funny thing is nothing popped up for that stored code.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Got the backup camera installed into the Wife’s KK:

IMG_9229.jpg

IMG_9230.jpg

IMG_9231.jpg

Would’ve thought that she’d be more excited, but it was more like “glad you’re done, you grilling dinner now”. [emoji849]

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Looks good. That’s on my list to do on my wife’s Commander. I just need to verify the radio has the right connection.

I did the same. Always fun to rip the dash apart twice. It wasn’t bad as I’m becoming a pro at it.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
App updated to version 3.1 at least for iOS. Noticed some new adaptations that I might mess around with:

AC on/off - Not sure why you would want to disable, but it’s an option.

DRL - New High Beam at 50% setting. I’m not interested in this new setting. I wish they could activate the parking lights as a DRL. I contacted the developer about it, but was told that it wasn’t possible [emoji848].

Fog Lamp Drop Out - Not new, but I haven’t been able to get this deactivated on the Wife’s KK. Been back a forth with the developer a couple times. Maybe this update will fix it?

HFM UConnect Handsfree On/Off

Seatbelt Alert On/Off

Data

Hi all,

Wondering if you could help advise me on something.

I picked up an 08 JKU, that had origins in Canada. The headlamps are stock, and Canada has DRL as mandatory, so they're operating at the 50% voltage (not sure if its high beams or regular).

After searching around for a while, I ordered some LED Headlamps (and fogs) on Amazon that got pretty decent reviews. I believe there will be an issue with the DRL being active on the computer with the headlamps. I'm trying to be proactive and order what I may need all at once to combat this.

So far, I ordered:
Headlamps/Foglamp LED kit
DRL Wiring Adapter Hardness kit
Anti Flicker Harness Kit
Veepeak OBDCheck OBD2 Scanner (For JScan App)

I kind of got an idea on what to do. Would it make the most sense to use Jscan to disable DRL completely and just use the harness I bought? Or can I not disable it completely, and switch it to fog lights (I've read other posts on forums that mention this.) Or do I not need the harness, and perhaps change the voltage of the DRL to 100%?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this before I start to tackle it.

Thank you all in advance!

Last edited:

Aussiecrd

This is a list of current updates, seems to be evolving nicely, Hoping for EGR delete for my diesel soon

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-04-20-45-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-07-04-20-45-14.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 179

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hi all,

Wondering if you could help advise me on something.

I picked up an 08 JKU, that had origins in Canada. The headlamps are stock, and Canada has DRL as mandatory, so they're operating at the 50% voltage (not sure if its high beams or regular).

After searching around for a while, I ordered some LED Headlamps (and fogs) on Amazon that got pretty decent reviews. I believe there will be an issue with the DRL being active on the computer with the headlamps. I'm trying to be proactive and order what I may need all at once to combat this.

So far, I ordered:
Headlamps/Foglamp LED kit
DRL Wiring Adapter Hardness kit
Anti Flicker Harness Kit
Veepeak OBDCheck OBD2 Scanner (For JScan App)

I kind of got an idea on what to do. Would it make the most sense to use Jscan to disable DRL completely and just use the harness I bought? Or can I not disable it completely, and switch it to fog lights (I've read other posts on forums that mention this.) Or do I not need the harness, and perhaps change the voltage of the DRL to 100%?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this before I start to tackle it.

Thank you all in advance!

Wave from the Northern Milwaukee Burbs [emoji1588]. Welcome to Wayalife! It’s best to introduce yourself to the group so here is a link:

Give us a Wave
https://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

I believe there will be an issue with the DRL being active on the computer with the headlamps.
Why? Because the new lights are LED? Your new lights will be fine with DRL active or you can use the JScan app to disable completely or switch DRL to blinker lights.

I have LED lights and had DRL active on the fog lights for awhile. I also tested the low beam / high beam 50% DRL and they both worked, I just preferred the blinker DRL so that’s what I run.

I’m surprised that your new lights didn’t come with an anti-flicker harness. These days most manufacturers include that built right into the H4/H13 adapter harness. I don’t know what the DRL wiring adapter harness is. I’m guessing that you won’t need that.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:

Wethy

since you have ordered the anti flicker harness you should be okay. And not need to do anything other than put it in the correct spot. However if you still get flickering issues then go for something like the JScan app. It can set the DRL to low beam at full voltage or highbeam as well and other lights as well.

Also up here in canada the DRL signal is the highbeam at 50%voltage. So most LED headlights will have the highbeam on during day so id recommend even if you dont have flickering issues to use the Jscan app to swap it to The low beam, or off if your state doesnt require to run DRLs like canada does you can just turn them off.

I know prior to my projector retrofit i had LEDs and thats how they were.

Last edited:

sm31

This is ignorance on my part but my jeep came from Vancouver. Until now I was unaware there were any differences. I just plugged in my no-name Amazon headlight/fog light kit (which has delivered impressive performance for nearly a year) and away I went. No problems whatsoever.
I'm also a very satisfied OBDJscan customer. I originally bought it to re-calibrate the speedo for larger tires & install a backup camera... but I also use my fogs as DRL's. Works great!

Wethy

This is ignorance on my part but my jeep came from Vancouver. Until now I was unaware there were any differences. I just plugged in my no-name Amazon headlight/fog light kit (which has delivered impressive performance for nearly a year) and away I went. No problems whatsoever.
I'm also a very satisfied OBDJscan customer. I originally bought it to re-calibrate the speedo for larger tires & install a backup camera... but I also use my fogs as DRL's. Works great!

Really other than the gauge cluster and DRLs . I believe most newer vehicles have them now even in the states. But canadian vehicles have had to have them since the early 90s.

shogun

Worked well

This app and an inexpensive Bluetooth adapter worked great for me, I went from 3.21s to 4.88s with 37s but I didn't have a working procal so I drove home and went into limp. After getting my phone and the adapter paired, and watching the YouTube tutorial, I had the gear ratio and tire size set within about 3mins. Beats the hell out of flicking tiny switches. Also cleared the code for incorrect gear ratio prior. I gotta say I wouldn't have believed the functionality was this good had I never used it.

USMC Wrangler

I saw someone mention the other day that they centered their steering wheel with JScan. I gave it a try today and am impressed.

Since adding an aftermarket draglink and doing a flip with my 4” lift I’ve played hell trying to center my steering wheel. It’s dead nuts center now!

IMG_8221.jpg

Top Bottom