Moab Early June

kep01

My wife and I will be heading to Moab Saturday June 8th and leaving Saturday June 15th. Jasont0311 will possibly be joining as well. We will most likely be primitive camping somewhere in the area, not certain on campground yet. Will probably have a list and just wing it on what’s available. We will have dates in the next week or so.

Will anyone else be in the area early June?

The wife and I will be there at the same time. Would love to wheel with y’all. Gotta make the trip from Tennessee. Plan on staying 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SLO

The wife and I will be there at the same time. Would love to wheel with y’all. Gotta make the trip from Tennessee. Plan on staying 10 days.

Wife and I are thinking about going around the same time in June. Still nailing down dates but if we go, would love to meet up with some guys.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Unfortunately we will not be making it... my wife is a school teacher and just found out she will not be teaching at her school again due to lack of students. That being said she found a new job and starts June 3rd.

THelm120

Unfortunately we will not be making it... my wife is a school teacher and just found out she will not be teaching at her school again due to lack of students. That being said she found a new job and starts June 3rd.

Bummer, I was just going to reply that I'll be in town June 12th-13th with my wife and kid in tow. Never been to Moab, planning on some easier trails but would push it a bit if we had someone else there. Roadtripping from MA to CO, UT then back to CO over about 3 weeks.

We're looking at Fins n Things, Gemini Bridges/Bull Canyon, Long Canyon, Hurrah Pass, Picture Frame Arch, Hell's Revenge (probably using bypasses if solo), Dome Plateau, and Top of the World. We'll obviously have to narrow it down since we only have 2 days in town :-(

2015 JKUR on 35's, 2" lift, winch and a CB. I don't want to hijack your thread but would love the suggestions! Thanks!

- Tim

IMG_4085 (002).JPG

Jsouder53

Hooked
Bummer, I was just going to reply that I'll be in town June 12th-13th with my wife and kid in tow. Never been to Moab, planning on some easier trails but would push it a bit if we had someone else there. Roadtripping from MA to CO, UT then back to CO over about 3 weeks.

It is a bummer, I was looking forward to it! But life got in the way, as it does on the occasion. We will make it there one day that’s for sure [emoji106]

We're looking at Fins n Things, Gemini Bridges/Bull Canyon, Long Canyon, Hurrah Pass, Picture Frame Arch, Hell's Revenge (probably using bypasses if solo), Dome Plateau, and Top of the World. We'll obviously have to narrow it down since we only have 2 days in town :-(

2015 JKUR on 35's, 2" lift, winch and a CB. I don't want to hijack your thread but would love the suggestions! Thanks!

- Tim

Sounds like a great list of trails, the thread is yours since we had to back out.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
It is a bummer, I was looking forward to it! But life got in the way, as it does on the occasion. We will make it there one day that’s for sure [emoji106]

Sounds like a great list of trails, the thread is yours since we had to back out.

I'm in the same boat. I just hired a new manager but she wouldn't be able to start until early June. I'm not going to hand over the keys until she's trained up. I'll have to keep living my Jeep life through everyone's photos.

kep01

- Tim

View attachment 327818

We will be there with kids in tow as well. Should be the same time frame

jdofmemi

Too bad about the timing, but congratulations on your wife's new job. Hopefully it works out as well as yours seems to have.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Too bad about the timing, but congratulations on your wife's new job. Hopefully it works out as well as yours seems to have.

Thanks! Sounds like it will be a great fit for her, much better than this last one. Less work and better pay is what it sounds like [emoji16] the student:teacher ratio is 4:1 and there are 3 teachers in the classroom. Plus it’s more of an outdoor environment (Montessori)

Forgot to mention, they raise goats/chickens and encourage the kids to get dirty playing in the mud and the river behind the school during recess

Last edited:

THelm120

Thanks! Sounds like it will be a great fit for her, much better than this last one. Less work and better pay is what it sounds like [emoji16] the student:teacher ratio is 4:1 and there are 3 teachers in the classroom. Plus it’s more of an outdoor environment (Montessori)

Forgot to mention, they raise goats/chickens and encourage the kids to get dirty playing in the mud and the river behind the school during recess

We will be there with kids in tow as well. Should be the same time frame

Awesome. I think we want to start the morning of the 12th with Fins n Things if you want to join.. never been there but the book says 2-4 hours (I'm guessing on the longer side considering I have a 2 year old in the backseat). We're staying at a hotel downtown and going to the trailhead from there.

kep01

Awesome. I think we want to start the morning of the 12th with Fins n Things if you want to join.. never been there but the book says 2-4 hours (I'm guessing on the longer side considering I have a 2 year old in the backseat). We're staying at a hotel downtown and going to the trailhead from there.

Sounds good. We’re going to be camping somewhere in the area. Will know when we get closer to being there.

kep01

Hitting the road early Saturday morning from Tennessee to Moab. Can’t wait for the kids to see it. We have never been but should be a great time.

Brute

Hooked

Are you driving to Moab from Plymouth Mass?...

Brute

Hooked
I am. Going to be a long haul but the Moab stop is only 1 location out of a couple week trip. Bucket list item of sorts. I'm also a glutton for punishment. :hmm:

That's great...my father's family is from MA...I went to high school at Bridgewater-Raynham...and my aunt had a cottage on the cape in Chatham...I remember spending summers there digging up cherrystones and littlenecks...and riding my bike down to get on a partyboat to catch cod & hake...

fiend

Caught the Bug
That's great...my father's family is from MA...I went to high school at Bridgewater-Raynham...and my aunt had a cottage on the cape in Chatham...I remember spending summers there digging up cherrystones and littlenecks...and riding my bike down to get on a partyboat to catch cod & hake...

So you’re a Masshole?

Top Bottom