Tow rigs

jdofmemi

What a great truck!

Love the dash shot. Looks like you have plenty of engine left, but where does big brother cut it off at?

Nice trailer too👍👍

bhaner

What a great truck!

Love the dash shot. Looks like you have plenty of engine left, but where does big brother cut it off at?

Nice trailer too👍👍

At about 101. Still had RPM left... But I think that they have 100 set as the max speed. Cruise control would set at a max of 97. My 2016 would only set at 85.

benatc1

Hooked
Well.... I have been talking about it for a while and it finally happened.

Last Wednesday night I flew into Denver and picked up this 2019 3500 DRW Laramie Limited.

After towing the JKU to Sand Hollow I could tell it would be too much for my truck to haul behind the camper. It was time to step up to a dually!

On the way home I also picked up a 30+5 22GN Big Tex. Should be just long enough to pack two JKU's. Also plenty of room for my camper and JKU.

View attachment 328410

View attachment 328411

View attachment 328417

View attachment 328416

View attachment 328415

View attachment 328413

View attachment 328414

View attachment 328412

View attachment 328422

View attachment 328421

View attachment 328419

View attachment 328418

View attachment 328420
Nice! How are you liking the truck? I'm going to get the same thing this fall but probably stick with the single rear wheel. Looks great!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
So at what point does is a Jeep no longer able to drive across country to the trail? Is it a certain tire size, engine mileage? Something else ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think there are a lot more factors than just the capability of the Jeep to make the run.

For me it’s come down to where I live and the shear distance it will take me to get to challenging trails. From Detroit to Moab is 32 hours. The closer destinations like Drummond, Windrock and Rausch Creek are 7-8 hrs. There are just a few parks within a could hours, but their nothing special.

If I were to break down in anyway, I’d have leave the Jeep and rent a car to get back. My work schedule leaves me with limited time to be gone and to add a few unplanned days waiting on parts, isn’t an option. It’s better for me to drag it back up on the trailer and get it home on schedule and deal with it there.

The last factor was my wife and daughter what to start coming with us, especially as we start venturing out west. She has no desire to spends days out on the trails, but with the Ram there, she can go off and tour while we are out in the Jeep.

Just my Two Cents.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Last edited:

bhaner

So at what point does is a Jeep no longer able to drive across country to the trail? Is it a certain tire size, engine mileage? Something else ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

For me it all depends on how hard you want to play.

I can't imagine being all the way in Moab (1200 miles from home) and having something happen that made it so I couldn't drive home.

I still have no worries taking my Jeep cross country. I even have a trip planned to do the passes in Colorado this summer. I just like the peace of mind that comes with having a way to get myself and the Jeep home.

One other thing... Comfort. No matter how good the Jeep rides and how nice the leather seats are.... A Limited Ram is always going to be more comfortable!

Last edited:

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
IMG_4983.jpg

Just bought this old truck. 1998 Model garage kept by a Elderly Gentleman. 93k actual miles. Figured it was time for a part time tow rig. Jeep still will be driving to the most the trails. Gonna use for the aww shit I broke something.

Top Bottom