Rubicon trip 8/5 -8/7 2019

fiend

Caught the Bug
Hey! Glad to see you found the post! Since Tom started the thread this year I guess it’s up to him to add people to the list. I think there was discussion about a cap on # of rigs around 8ish? So anyone that is for sure going and not on the going list better speak up soon! Lol! Anyone make a mandatory equipment list? Probably should have that as well. Can’t wait for summer!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m in. Mandatory equipment includes tacos.

fiend

Caught the Bug
For those interested in this trip: Sierra Trek is August 8-11. Some of us have signed up for Fordyce and some other runs to follow Rubicon.

TND333

Hey! Glad to see you found the post! Since Tom started the thread this year I guess it’s up to him to add people to the list. I think there was discussion about a cap on # of rigs around 8ish? So anyone that is for sure going and not on the going list better speak up soon! Lol! Anyone make a mandatory equipment list? Probably should have that as well. Can’t wait for summer!

Good point A.J. I think 8 is a good trip cap to look at, but if we have more interest we can split the group during the day and meet up in the evenings. Even with 8 we may consider two groups of 4 for the trail, getting 6 or 8 rigs through some of the obstinate takes a lot of time. Plenty of room at Buck Island and Rubicon Springs for camping and camaraderie.

I’ll add some minimum equipment at the top. 35s, rear locker, rocker protection, and a good attitude if/when trail damage occurs.

Abntroop

Laurie and I are a tentative yes. I've wanted to do the rubicon for years but could just never seem to schedule it right. with us having just moved down here, and it being next door, I said come hell or high water I wanted to do it this year but sure would prefer doing it with some folks a bit more knowledgeable on the crawling side of things as my experience lays in tight tree ridden muddy PNW trails. whole different animal. I'm only running 34's currently though, next bump will be 37's towards the end of this year or early next.

jdofmemi

Laurie and I are a tentative yes. I've wanted to do the rubicon for years but could just never seem to schedule it right. with us having just moved down here, and it being next door, I said come hell or high water I wanted to do it this year but sure would prefer doing it with some folks a bit more knowledgeable on the crawling side of things as my experience lays in tight tree ridden muddy PNW trails. whole different animal. I'm only running 34's currently though, next bump will be 37's towards the end of this year or early next.

To ease any fear you may have, my friend and I did it last year and he is in 34's like you. We had a few places he needed a strap or winch, but made the trail with no damages.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Interested

Very interested in both the Rubicon and the Fordyce after as part of the Sierra Trek.

Still tentative on being able to make the 8/5 start time given weekend plans (wedding)... but hopeful if you guys have space. Definitely interested in joining the Fordyce run with the Sierra Trek and River Run after. Will be signing up for that .

fiend

Caught the Bug
Very interested in both the Rubicon and the Fordyce after as part of the Sierra Trek.

Still tentative on being able to make the 8/5 start time given weekend plans (wedding)... but hopeful if you guys have space. Definitely interested in joining the Fordyce run with the Sierra Trek and River Run after. Will be signing up for that .

A number of people will be staying at the Kingvale Lodge Thursday and Friday nights. It’s much closer to the Fordyce start than the Sierra Trek campsite. I have a reservation at Kingvale for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (August 8-10), but my lodging plans have changed and I no longer need it. Let me know if you’re interested in taking the room. I’d rather transfer the registration and avoid a cancellation fee.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
A number of people will be staying at the Kingvale Lodge Thursday and Friday nights. It’s much closer to the Fordyce start than the Sierra Trek campsite. I have a reservation at Kingvale for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (August 8-10), but my lodging plans have changed and I no longer need it. Let me know if you’re interested in taking the room. I’d rather transfer the registration and avoid a cancellation fee.

Thanks

Guys is there still room on this run ? What’s the overall count ? Would have to move some stuff around in order to join so curious to hear if possible

A.J.

Thanks

Guys is there still room on this run ? What’s the overall count ? Would have to move some stuff around in order to join so curious to hear if possible

Sounds like you and Strodinator are in if you can make it work. Hopefully Tom will update the list and we can get everyone on the group text for further planning and information. Yay!

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Cleared the schedule . We are in! Will be driving up from LA and can meet up for dinner on Sunday . Will not be joining for Fordyce but looking forward to joining you guys on the Rubicon !

Top Bottom