What's your view like at work?

deantac

Driver got out safely, he didn’t know he was on fire until a haul truck driver started telling him to get off the truck.

MSHA came out last night and was satisfied with everything. So now we are sitting around waiting.

Truck burned all night graveyard guys said, and our other water truck is still by the burned one. We don’t run unless a water truck is working, so the boss’s are trying to figure out how to get the good water truck out of the burn area. They are worried about the tires and are checking to see if they are flat.

Yes Boron Borax mine.

Heholua

Driver got out safely, he didn’t know he was on fire until a haul truck driver started telling him to get off the truck.

MSHA came out last night and was satisfied with everything. So now we are sitting around waiting.

Truck burned all night graveyard guys said, and our other water truck is still by the burned one. We don’t run unless a water truck is working, so the boss’s are trying to figure out how to get the good water truck out of the burn area. They are worried about the tires and are checking to see if they are flat.

Yes Boron Borax mine.
Glad no one was hurt or injured. It's been a couple of years since I've been on site out there, but it looked like Borax from your picture.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zstairlessone

From what it looks like it started at the engine

Those triple 7s had fire suppression in the engine area, an Ansul system I think, when they were new out there. Doesn’t mean it didn’t work, they burned a big Terex truck a few years ago when a grease fire started due to high brake temps and a lot of grease buildup at the spindle. Fire melted a brake line and the valve stem - lots of air and atomized fuel, you can guess what the result was. The point is that fire started outside of where the fire suppression was and the homemade flame thrower was too much for it once it did trigger.

Glad the operator got off safely

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dale72

Hooked
Yeah. But also with the new shit they are putting on engines now a day's it could be a lot of things. I have seen a few brand new motorhomes burn to the ground because of it and they have fire suppression in the engine bay
Those triple 7s had fire suppression in the engine area, an Ansul system I think, when they were new out there. Doesn’t mean it didn’t work, they burned a big Terex truck a few years ago when a grease fire started due to high brake temps and a lot of grease buildup at the spindle. Fire melted a brake line and the valve stem - lots of air and atomized fuel, you can guess what the result was. The point is that fire started outside of where the fire suppression was and the homemade flame thrower was too much for it once it did trigger.

jdofmemi

Don’t know what the reason for the fire yet,, the other water truck could not put the fire out so it backed away after it’s water was gone. They shut down the mine and let us go home early. It was still burning when I left.

Glad the driver was OK

Somebody's got a lot of paperwork to do now.

Heholua

In the late 90s they use to run a Leiberr hydraulic shovel out there. One of the hydraulic lines failed in the engine compartment and that was quite the fire also. Like $350,000 in damage.

Top Bottom