OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

USMC Wrangler

Any reason why you are using both still? I’m thinking about getting this but just curious.

Can you use it on multiple vehicles or does it marry with the VIN?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I couldn’t figure out the gear ratio change with the JScan and honestly haven’t taken the time to remedy that. I need to return the SC to stock then go through the process with JScan. It’s just a little different as I found out in this thread, several months ago.

Basically, I either haven’t had time or just been too lazy to do it.

doodoocow

Read the thread and decided to pull the trigger to fix my speedometer being off due to 35" tires. Took about 5 minutes to get it all changed over and its within a mile off. Still gonna play with it to get it closer, but i am happy with it so far.

Turbo21

Lol that is my thought. Does it read codes too? I have procals that do all I need really but that centering of the steering wheel thing is pretty cool.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have the flashcal and will prob just reset to factory and use the JScan. I spent about an hour last night going through all the options and see no reason to keep the flashcal. It is al little easier with the flashcal but everything that can be changed can be found somewhere in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC Wrangler

I have the flashcal and will prob just reset to factory and use the JScan. I spent about an hour last night going through all the options and see no reason to keep the flashcal. It is al little easier with the flashcal but everything that can be changed can be found somewhere in there

Yeah, it’s a little more difficult to find things at first. I do think the programming changes happen quicker with JScan than the SC. That’s just my impression.

2013 JKU Sport S, named Spider

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

TrailHunter

Hooked
Does anyone know if the OBD JScan will turn off the flashing sway bar light? I bought the superchips because I thought it did... but nope... and I don’t want to spend another 100 bucks on the AEV procal.... and I’d like to remove the black piece of felt I have covering the light. Lol

Whitarmy

Does anyone know if the OBD JScan will turn off the flashing sway bar light? I bought the superchips because I thought it did... but nope... and I don’t want to spend another 100 bucks on the AEV procal.... and I’d like to remove the black piece of felt I have covering the light. Lol

Yes it will. It was the reason I got it. I already had the superchip as well and didn’t want to buy a procal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked
I got the Vgate iCar Pro BLE 4.0 and downloaded the Jscan app... one license for 16.99 and everything went Smooth... Sway Bar Light is OFF! Cool App and easy to use. And now I can move forward with a cheap back up camera setup. Bummer I already bought the superchips...

I noticed an option to enable the handsfree bluetooth.... I really don't care about the phone part of it... but I really wish I could play music from my phone through the bluetooth... the only bluetooth module I see for sale is the Mopar kit which comes with all the headset shit for $390..... does anyone know of a stand alone bluetooth module that will allow the phone to connect to the radio??

Last edited:

Ajkaz

I got the Vgate iCar Pro BLE 4.0 and downloaded the Jscan app... one license for 16.99 and everything went Smooth... Sway Bar Light is OFF! Cool App and easy to use. And now I can move forward with a cheap back up camera setup. Bummer I already bought the superchips...

I noticed an option to enable the handsfree bluetooth.... I really don't care about the phone part of it... but I really wish I could play music from my phone through the bluetooth... the only bluetooth module I see for sale is the Mopar kit which comes with all the headset shit for $390..... does anyone know of a stand alone bluetooth module that will allow the phone to connect to the radio??

This dongle works great! I also use it on my PlayFi speakers at home as sometimes I want to stream from youtube instead of the loaded services.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075JBLGLB/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_YFSuDb3JTBCBP

JKU_Will

I'm so glad I found this thread! I've had 35s on my jk for a couple of years now and thought a $200ish procal or something similar was my only option. This scanner

Veepeak Mini Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner OBD II Car Diagnostic Scan Tool for Android & Windows, Check Engine Light Code Reader, Supports Torque Pro, OBD Fusion, DashCommand, Car Scanner App https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011NSX27A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nZyyDbR00D40J

And 20.99 vin license later I have an awesome tool! Took about 5 minutes to fix the speedometer and set up my fog lights to stay on with my brights. This app awesome! Just another reason I love this forum. Thanks guys and gals!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wcrosman

Yes. The video on their FB site shows how.

Last edited:

wcrosman

Daytime Running Lights

I have used Jscan for awhile now and everything seems to work well except DRL. I have a 2012 JK and have tried virtually every DRL setting to no avail to activate them. Has anybody had success with this?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I have used Jscan for awhile now and everything seems to work well except DRL. I have a 2012 JK and have tried virtually every DRL setting to no avail to activate them. Has anybody had success with this?

All settings worked for me on my 2016 JKU & 2011 KK. Remember that DRL’s are only active when the transmission is in gear and parking brake off.

Welcome to WAYALIFE! Stop by the wave thread and introduce yourself.

Give us a Wave
https://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Last edited:

vasquez27

I was looking at the flashcal and it’s priced at $200. I’m looking to put in an air intake, suspension and possible exhaust. Right now I just switched to 33s and need to adjust the tire size. I was told with the flashcal you have to have your computer in your Jeep shipped out to be unlocked. Is there a huge difference from the app and the flashcal to make it worth paying the $200?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Turbo21

I was looking at the flashcal and it’s priced at $200. I’m looking to put in an air intake, suspension and possible exhaust. Right now I just switched to 33s and need to adjust the tire size. I was told with the flashcal you have to have your computer in your Jeep shipped out to be unlocked. Is there a huge difference from the app and the flashcal to make it worth paying the $200?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think the flashcal has less options then the JScan. No way it’s worth that much more to just change some basic settings

Top Bottom