ARB Fridges ?

zimm

Caught the Bug
Another great use for the fridge is for grocery shopping. Summertime in Florida- I tell the bagger to put the cold stuff together, then I drop those bags into the fridge and I can keep on with my errands without running home. Great for those Trader Joe's runs across town.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Another great use for the fridge is for grocery shopping. Summertime in Florida- I tell the bagger to put the cold stuff together, then I drop those bags into the fridge and I can keep on with my errands without running home. Great for those Trader Joe's runs across town.

And for having a cold one to calm down after escaping the hordes at Costco

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
There is a way to calibrate the temperature reading to more closely match the inside temp....:
You simply hold down the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons together for 5 seconds until AOF appears in the display. Now adjust up 6 degrees, or down 6 degrees. Once this is done it will stay in permanent memory until you readjust. I did this to mine so I can set it at 34 degrees, and it stays right above freezing. Enjoy! [emoji106]

:clap2:
Most useful item I've read today. Thanks.

Got our fridge a couple weeks ago. Wanted to get it well-ahead of our upcoming road trip to have time to ensure it behaved as expected. First thing I noted, after popping a new fridge thermometer inside, was a ~7F variant. Having to set it to 25F to get close to freezing, in a 72F room, wasn't inspiring me. After all, it'll be living in the Jeep, with temps anywhere from 70 to 130F soon. I'd seen reference to adjusting it on Wayalife, so this be where I googled ;).

Back from other travels, looking forward to getting it installed this week. My wife's really excited to have it. It'll go on the Black Forest base and slider. Also got BF's engine oven (or whatever they call it). She's real keen to make use of that as well. Plan right now is to use these items (fridge, oven) to decrease our dependence on gas station stops and restaurants for foods. Doing a fair amount of off-the-beaten-path exploring, the flexibility will be greatly appreciated.

With our kids off on their own now, we're looking forward to our first long trip alone. My job, logistics & vehicle (infrastructure, equipment, space mgt). My wife, supplies and incidentals, such as food choices, emergency kit. Like many of you I suspect, we enjoy having our respective roles to play and doing them. It relieves a lot of stress knowing we can trust the other to do their bit.

Now, time to get that fridge installed, go park Stitch in the middle of a summer clambake somewhere and see how it works.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Temperature will be all over the place if it’s empty. Load it up and it’ll stabilize.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Temperature will be all over the place if it’s empty. Load it up and it’ll stabilize.

Agreed. First thing I did was fill it ~50% with 'stuff', for just that reason. It's basically a mobile equivalent of a dorm-size fridge or freezer.

:)

Last edited:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Agreed. First thing I did was fill it ~50% with 'stuff', for just that reason. It's basically a mobile equivalent of a dorm-size fridge or freezer.

:)
You'll find it a valuable resource in the jeep .. as you know I've been on the road for a few weeks am only now getting to where i need to restock it on food ..beverages is a constant every couple days .. helps I also carry a cooler and use ice packs ..

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Swamps

Just dragging up this thread, I have a dometic fridge but use it a lot. Rather than pulling plugs when it’s not in use I was thinking of attaching it to a switch on my Spod. Has anyone else done that? Will the Spod supply enough current for it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Quick question hoping someone knows .. does the ARB 37 fit under the Tuffy security deck? Will it pull out without unhinging the top? What about the Dometic 35 ? Looks like 16.8” for arb vs 16.2 for the Dometic . How much height does the slider kit add ? Looking into one but don’t want to leave it on top of the tuffy since I park outside

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Quick question hoping someone knows .. does the ARB 37 fit under the Tuffy security deck? Will it pull out without unhinging the top? What about the Dometic 35 ? Looks like 16.8” for arb vs 16.2 for the Dometic . How much height does the slider kit add ? Looking into one but don’t want to leave it on top of the tuffy since I park outside

No idea but it would be a pain in the ass to get to. I put mine on the rear seat behind the driver seat.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug

The ARB 37 doesn’t fit under the Tuffy deck, alone or with a slider (which adds about 3 inches). I know because I have that set up. Had to mount the fridge on the deck.

You can find the dimensions of the fridge online and measure for yourself.

wjtstudios

Hooked
The 37 will fit hard mounted below the best top tonneau cover with out the drawer slide. I then built my own security enclosure next to it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

trailraider

My fridge put me in the dog house today.

picked up groceries for dinner tonight last night. kids grabbed everything out of the Jeep but the stuff I put in the fridge(ground beef etc) just got a phone call from the wife...... she isn't happy. sure as shit I check the fridge. yep it's at work here with me. now she has to go out and re buy it all. She didn't find it quite as funny as I thought the situation was.

PokerStogey

My fridge put me in the dog house today.

picked up groceries for dinner tonight last night. kids grabbed everything out of the Jeep but the stuff I put in the fridge(ground beef etc) just got a phone call from the wife...... she isn't happy. sure as shit I check the fridge. yep it's at work here with me. now she has to go out and re buy it all. She didn't find it quite as funny as I thought the situation was.

Lol.... first negative thing I have heard about putting one of these in a rig!

Top Bottom