SoCal Group

rubiDave

Yesterday Skyrubi18 did the Miller Jeep Trail.
Weather was nice with temps in the 80s. We got an early start and had the trail pretty much to our selves - that is until we neared the top and came across a broken down Silverado and some other rigs blocking the trail.

There was a group working on it, they said it had a broken rear driveshaft and passenger side front axle half shaft. They had abandoned it a week ago and were back with parts for a trail repair of the rear driveshaft.

So we waited about an hour until they got underway and it was easy to see how he got in trouble - drove with lead foot, wouldn't listen to his spotters or the vehicle giving him a tug. We followed for a while and eventually came to a turn out where we could pass.

We finished the trail in about 3.5 hours including the hour delay.
20190817_085338.jpg 20190817_093130.jpg 20190817_104742.jpg 20190817_115613.jpg 20190817_121340.jpg 20190818_055029.jpg Screenshot_20190818-055152_Video%20Player.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Yesterday Skyrubi18 did the Miller Jeep Trail.
Weather was nice with temps in the 80s. We got an early start and had the trail pretty much to our selves - that is until we neared the top and came across a broken down Silverado and some other rigs blocking the trail.

There was a group working on it, they said it had a broken rear driveshaft and passenger side front axle half shaft. They had abandoned it a week ago and were back with parts for a trail repair of the rear driveshaft.

So we waited about an hour until they got underway and it was easy to see how he got in trouble - drove with lead foot, wouldn't listen to his spotters or the vehicle giving him a tug. We followed for a while and eventually came to a turn out where we could pass.

We finished the trail in about 3.5 hours including the hour delay.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seems like that place hasn’t changed .. 4/4 trips I’ve heard of have featured broken rigs with no business there in the first place

That umbrella is your go to ! Looks like an otherwise fun day .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Hey guys, It looks like I've finally got a couple of days off.. Not together of course but I'd like to get out on MJT one of them. The 2nd and the 4th of September.. Anyone inclined?

jdofmemi

I may be able to get out with you the fourth, and maybe bring the little woman as well.
I will see if she is interested.

Traffic coming back home won't be any fun, but, that's life.

jdofmemi

Don

I had issues come up and won't be able to make it this time.

I was looking forward to wheeling with you again.

Top Bottom