What was done to your rig this week?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I couldn’t be outdone by HighwayTrout so brought the Jeep out for a bath and thorough cleaning before it goes into the dealer to finally be fixed. Only been sitting since February.

IMG_8492.jpg
IMG_8493.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks good, trail ready again?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

It will be once the dealer gets done. I have an appointment on the 21st to drop it off to fix the evap issues I haven’t been able to figure out. It hasn’t been registered in two years cause it needs smog. After the dealer I’m sure I’ll have to pay the great state of California a bunch to get it current.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
It will be once the dealer gets done. I have an appointment on the 21st to drop it off to fix the evap issues I haven’t been able to figure out. It hasn’t been registered in two years cause it needs smog. After the dealer I’m sure I’ll have to pay the great state of California a bunch to get it current.

Might be cheaper to move. Lol

jesse3638

Hooked
No shit! Between the four jeeps, it probably would be.

Did you put a Non-Op on it? Mine just threw a CEL and I figured it was the gas cap but that hasn't fixed it. Probably take it down to O'reilly and have them run the code. I'm sure it's something emissions related. Post up what you find out..haha

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Did you put a Non-Op on it? Mine just threw a CEL and I figured it was the gas cap but that hasn't fixed it. Probably take it down to O'reilly and have them run the code. I'm sure it's something emissions related. Post up what you find out..haha

Nope. I paid it in 2018 and forgot I needed a smog. They sent me a letter and I was never able to get it smogged. They never sent me a 2019 registration so I will have to pay a late fee there. I think it’s like max $500 for a year. Or at least I think. Hopefully that’s all it is at least. Whatever though, if it costs me a couple grand total to have it running again it’ll be worth it. It’s worthless right now as it is sits even if I wanted to sell it.

jesse3638

Hooked
Nope. I paid it in 2018 and forgot I needed a smog. They sent me a letter and I was never able to get it smogged. They never sent me a 2019 registration so I will have to pay a late fee there. I think it’s like max $500 for a year. Or at least I think. Hopefully that’s all it is at least. Whatever though, if it costs me a couple grand total to have it running again it’ll be worth it. It’s worthless right now as it is sits even if I wanted to sell it.

Yeah we sold my wife's exes truck she got during the split. Him playing games never gave her the registration renewal until it was way late. When we sold it it had not been registered for two years and it was crazy expensive. Close to $800 I think. We split the cost with the buyer plus took a hit on what we could have gotten for it. CA registration is highway robbery.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Yeah we sold my wife's exes truck she got during the split. Him playing games never gave her the registration renewal until it was way late. When we sold it it had not been registered for two years and it was crazy expensive. Close to $800 I think. We split the cost with the buyer plus took a hit on what we could have gotten for it. CA registration is highway robbery.

Montana’s registration is stupid expensive too [emoji51] it was $350 something but what’s cool is after 11 years old, you can get a permanent registration sticker

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah CA sucks though. When I moved down I left all my vehicles registered in WA. CHP gave me a ticket for “foreign registration”. They won’t let you slide with a CA driver license and out of state registration. Of course.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah I’ve read a lot of horror stories about doing that with insurance and all that Jazz. A lot of people do it so must be it’s worth the risk.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked

If you hold off a while it looks like you may not need a smog anyway. I haven’t read into it yet but was reading some shit on the news about it. It’s been two years.. what’s another year. Lol

Top Bottom