Martha the TJ

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I found a local fabricator who would extend the frame using fishplate strengthening technique and we'll build a custom bed as long as I can provide dimensions. now I just have to come up with the money. Does anyone need a kidney?

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I was offered a once-in-a-lifetime deal yesterday and I’m seriously considering doing it. I love my jeep and if I end up going through the trade it will be the first time I’ve been jeep less six years. A buddy of mine is offering to trade me his 1976 Chevy Corvette with a 383 stroker engine. The thing is in gorgeous shape and also happens to be my dream car. I love jeeps but Corvettes I’ve always had that special place in my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
If it were me, I’d trade for the corvette. But that’s because it’s in really good shape and I know I’d get another jeep soon after.

Zstairlessone

I was offered a once-in-a-lifetime deal yesterday and I’m seriously considering doing it. I love my jeep and if I end up going through the trade it will be the first time I’ve been jeep less six years. A buddy of mine is offering to trade me his 1976 Chevy Corvette with a 383 stroker engine. The thing is in gorgeous shape and also happens to be my dream car. I love jeeps but Corvettes I’ve always had that special place in my heart.

Only you can decide how much the vette is worth to you, and how much the TJ is worth. The stroker makes the car a little more interesting, the ‘76 smog engines were crap. Test drive it for a bit first, they really weren’t that comfortable or quick stock.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I can definitely say that this car is crazy quick... idk, I know the guy I’m trading the Jeep May not hold onto the Jeep which could be a dealbreaker. I don’t want to see it disappear.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Only you can decide how much the vette is worth to you, and how much the TJ is worth. The stroker makes the car a little more interesting, the ‘76 smog engines were crap. Test drive it for a bit first, they really weren’t that comfortable or quick stock.

Luckily the car is fast. It drifts very easily. I’m running into the mental roadblock of being able to part ways with my baby, only because the guy I’m trading it to will likely trade up for a new truck to someone else. It will end up being easy to lose track of her.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
If it were me, I’d trade for the corvette. But that’s because it’s in really good shape and I know I’d get another jeep soon after.

I just don’t know if I can get ahold of another Jeep until at least another year or so. I just bought a 2019 car so I have a car payment now too. If I trade it will be my first time without a Jeep since 2013. Kind of hard to fathom.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Hey everyone, it's been a bit. As usual life gets in the way and after going through 3 phones in 5 months it's been something that has slipped my mind. There's a wholt lot of changes going on for Martha. I decided to dive in on the pickup conversion. Made some big cuts to the tub and I'll do some trimming and test fitting of the closeout cab kit in the morning. Pictures to follow.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Any thoughts from you guys on how a flat bed would look? I'm talking a well done flat bed with a riser system for dumping maybe not a high school shop project flat bed. Something 5-6' feet long with maybe 18 inch risers for the sides.

A. I think for obvious reasons it would be easier to complete.
B. I think I would get a lot more use out of a flat bed and feel less bad about beating on it because I would probably do pressure treated poly wood for the floor.

Would save a ton on weight and also give me a good platform for a rooftop tent . What do ya guys think?

My thoughts are also a flatbed system that can be interchanged with a real bed down the road. Maybe make it modular.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom