JL / JT Experience 2019 Mega Thread

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wandering our way through the White Mountains and enjoying the fall colors.

final.jpg

final.jpg

final.jpg

final.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Great pics as usual!

Was curious: Does the Gladiator ESC kick in in 4LO like it does in the JL? I really wish there was a kill for the JL/JT like I did in my JK. That is a major pain in the ass, especially on climbs where it kills all of your momentum. If it's as simple as installing a switch on the purple wire on these too I'd do it in a heartbeat.

jeeeep

Hooked
Great pics as usual!

Was curious: Does the Gladiator ESC kick in in 4LO like it does in the JL? I really wish there was a kill for the JL/JT like I did in my JK. That is a major pain in the ass, especially on climbs where it kills all of your momentum. If it's as simple as installing a switch on the purple wire on these too I'd do it in a heartbeat.

i thought there was a button for that :thinking:

Ddays

Hooked
i thought there was a button for that :thinking:

On the JL's the ESC will kick in even in 4LO. It's an absolute pain in the dick. I noticed it last year at Rausch on a hill climb in the snow. Damn system killed power on the way up as the wheels were spinning and I had to repeatedly back down and start over. The only work around is to put the gear shift in manual and drive it that way.

jeeeep

Hooked
On the JL's the ESC will kick in even in 4LO. It's an absolute pain in the dick. I noticed it last year at Rausch on a hill climb in the snow. Damn system killed power on the way up as the wheels were spinning and I had to repeatedly back down and start over. The only work around is to put the gear shift in manual and drive it that way.

in 4hi or 4lo, hold the traction control button in for at least 7 seconds, you'll hear it chime and see both indicated as off in that center info center.

I found it by accident when holding all buttons in trying to see if they did anything...it doesn't work for the start/stop, I'm still trying different combinations of buttons in hopes of disabling it lol

ESS_ESC_Off.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
in 4hi or 4lo, hold the traction control button in for at least 7 seconds, you'll hear it chime and see both indicated as off in that center info center.

I found it by accident when holding all buttons in trying to see if they did anything...it doesn't work for the start/stop, I'm still trying different combinations of buttons in hopes of disabling it lol

View attachment 336162

That's awesome. Does it kill it totally or will it still activate if it senses something going on at whatever the threshold is for intervention? Mine did not kick in any other time than on the hill climbs where wheelspin was high. Eddie ran into this in Moab first time out with Jet and I think he only noticed it on climbs as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
At the top of Mount Washington.
final.jpg

Shot of some of the guys standing on the very top of Mount Washington.
6D2F0433-C68F-4BE2-AEA0-D1A146CAAC83.jpg

jorgelrod

Hooked
Just when you think this thread can't get any better. This video series is gonna be LEGEN wait for it... DAAAAARY!!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ready to hit some of the trails out here in Maine [emoji1303]

6AB42233-A494-4D5A-8C36-E05B6FD37CEA.jpg

Top Bottom