The Adventures and Build of Remi the JL Rubicon!

Napalm

Last night while waiting until the girlfriend got off of work, decided to take Remi for a cruise and do some poser shots. [emoji16]
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
While out exploring, saw some deer enjoying the woods!
IMG_1907.jpg
My favorite option on Remi. At 65 degrees last night, it was a bit chilly without the top on!

So we are just on the brink of Remi’s first purchase, meaning that the build will officially start. Here are my options -

1. Trektop NX Twill. This is a need since I am without a top at the moment, and I can’t just lock Remi up all winter!
2. LOD Destroyer Series Front Bumper with the bull bar
3. WAYALIFE CB bar and CB radio.

Let me ask y’all something. Do people still use CB radios on the trails, or has everyone switched to VHF radios?! Would a CB be a waste of money?

Napalm

Out of the garage for the first time in months!
Adjustments.jpg
Cruising through the nearby neighborhoods putting some miles on. It’s the first decent day we’ve had in a month and possibly the last one, so i needed to get Remi out and stretch her legs for probably the last time this year.
Adjustments.jpg
Then it was time for a quick shift into 4 wheel drive, and played around on some dirt for a bit
Adjustments.jpg
Back at home, before putting Remi up, it was time to take a picture with her and her older sister, Ruby.
Adjustments.jpg

I’ve been doing a terrible job updating this thread, but I’m trying to get better about it. Since selling the house in Sept, I’ve been on the mad push to get every cent of divorce debt paid off by the end of the year. This goal should be accomplished by December 27th, and then begins the build.

Next time I update this thread, the first mod will be on the way and the official build will be started [emoji16]

Napalm

What’s in store for your Build?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The big things coming will be a Bestop Trektop in twill, front bumper/winch, Rancho lift, wheels and 37s.

Those are the big things. There’s about 1000 little things in between as you probably understand 🤣

I’m hoping to get things started by the end of the month with things really taking off next year.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Out of the garage for the first time in months!
View attachment 338584
Cruising through the nearby neighborhoods putting some miles on. It’s the first decent day we’ve had in a month and possibly the last one, so i needed to get Remi out and stretch her legs for probably the last time this year.
View attachment 338585
Then it was time for a quick shift into 4 wheel drive, and played around on some dirt for a bit
View attachment 338586
Back at home, before putting Remi up, it was time to take a picture with her and her older sister, Ruby.
View attachment 338587

I’ve been doing a terrible job updating this thread, but I’m trying to get better about it. Since selling the house in Sept, I’ve been on the mad push to get every cent of divorce debt paid off by the end of the year. This goal should be accomplished by December 27th, and then begins the build.

Next time I update this thread, the first mod will be on the way and the official build will be started [emoji16]

You had to shift into 4wd for that vacant lot shot?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Napalm

Since yesterday was the last nice day, the girlfriend and I decided to take Remi for one more cruise since it’s going to be a few weeks before getting a new top.

We went about 60 miles for about 1.5 hours, only rules were all on county, dirt, and back roads. No major or main highways.

We saw a lot of cool stuff but our main stop for the day was Love’s Lookout in Jacksonville, TX.
At an elevation of 713 feet, you get about a 30-35 mile view out over ETX.
Adjustments.jpg
I snapped this picture of Remi because in the background you can see one of the last still standing fire towers in Texas. These towers stand 100ft tall and were where the forest service would spot fires before starting to use airplanes. I could not find an exact year on when this tower was constructed, but I do know it’s one of the last ones standing in the state.
Adjustments.jpg

BC Rubicon

And finally, the inspiration behind the name. Remi was a Boston terrier that belonged to a family member of mine. She was a great dog, but unfortunately she past away several years ago. The other day I was looking at the JLUR and it just came to me. Thus Remi the Rubicon was born!
View attachment 329130

That’s quite funny as I to have a white JLU Rubicon with a black top and fenders and my Boston Terrier’s name is Remi....small world!!
Adjustments.JPG
IMG_0094.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom