DANA Ultimate UD60 TORTURE TESTED & PROVEN on the JL / JT Experience

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, going through the footage from the JL/JT Experience, I just couldn't help but to see just how much we all punished our Dana Ultimate UD60. I mean, time and time again, we've had to give it a lot more skinny pedal that I'm normally comfortable with and the thought of a break was always there. And yet, time after time and rig after rig and trail after trail, they ALL performed flawlessly. If there's a place to torture test a set of axles, the east coast on a rainy day is definitely a good one!

20191021102745-c9baccb3-me.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear the axles worked out for all of you.

Yeah, me too. I won't lie, it took me a bit to warm up to the idea of UD60's given the breaks I had seen with them when they first came out. That and the fact that I've always been so happy with my Dynatrac axles. But, after talking to Mel at EVO and learning more about the improvements that Dana has made, I thought it might be worth testing out. And, so far, I'm pretty impressed with what I've been seeing - not just on my Jeep but on ALL the Jeeps that attended the JL/JT Experience. With that many rigs torture testing these axles and out on the same obstacles, the odds of a break occurring was pretty high. In fact, if a break did occur, it wouldn't have surprised me in the least and you know I would have posted up about it. But, all came through and without any issues. It really was a testament to how well they made.

This is great real world data. We all know Dynatrac builds some damn fine axles and it’s been proven time and time again. So to see a second option come along with some very promising results is refreshing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is great real world data. We all know Dynatrac builds some damn fine axles and it’s been proven time and time again. So to see a second option come along with some very promising results is refreshing.

Yup. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't impressed. Over the course of the week, one rear drive shaft had to be replaced and one front ring and pinion in a factory front axle pushing 37's blew. So, it's not like we weren't giving it our all.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a shot of Skyjacker hitting a tough slick obstacle with its Hellcat HEMI, Dana UD60's pushing 40" tires and all of its 707 HP!

TORTURE-UD60-SKYJACKER.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’s great that they have responded to the issues and complaints from the JK line and produced a set of axles that’s in worth of the ultimate name.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom