Fishing Jeepers...Post Up Your Pics

Brute

Hooked
Just drove down a little while ago to Boise...going to fish the South Fork Boise River next couple days, then catch my UH Warriors play Boise State Sat night...

black pearl

Hooked
So this past Tuesday our power was off and I stayed home from work to watch the little one.
SO what better thing to do then go fishing. The big part about this is it was my daughter’s first time using an actual hook! Showed her what to do and a few minutes later she caught her first fish! She was so excited. IMG_1028.jpg IMG_1030.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
So this past Tuesday our power was off and I stayed home from work to watch the little one.
SO what better thing to do then go fishing. The big part about this is it was my daughter’s first time using an actual hook! Showed her what to do and a few minutes later she caught her first fish! She was so excited.

That's awesome.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Tried to get out in the Pere Marquette River for a couple steelhead this morning but it was still too high and fast for me to venture in by myself. Saw a couple steelhead on my hike though.

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

The rain storm we had two weeks ago brought the river up 3-4 feet and washed out a bunch of trees. That’ll change the way the river fishes this spring.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute

Hooked
Tried to get out in the Pere Marquette River for a couple steelhead this morning but it was still too high and fast for me to venture in by myself. Saw a couple steelhead on my hike though.

View attachment 340627

View attachment 340628

The rain storm we had two weeks ago brought the river up 3-4 feet and washed out a bunch of trees. That’ll change the way the river fishes this spring.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I may have to get up that way some day...

I've just invested in a new (to me) fly fishing system from OPST using single hand micro Skagit lines with short Skagit heads on conventional 9' fly rods...brought a 5wt home with me to Honolulu to practice this casting technique on the reef before I head to Alaska & Russia this summer

19YJ94

Caught the Bug

View attachment 340627

View attachment 340628

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Wow, it looks like it's moving pretty good. Would have been a good kayak run though!

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That looks like a beautiful area.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I may have to get up that way some day...

I've just invested in a new (to me) fly fishing system from OPST using single hand micro Skagit lines with short Skagit heads on conventional 9' fly rods...brought a 5wt home with me to Honolulu to practice this casting technique on the reef before I head to Alaska & Russia this summer

I had to look that up. Very interesting for sure, all that I need right now is another direction to spend more on[emoji38]

That stretch is the best section of gravel East of the Mississippi and has ranked up there with western trout streams. Our club owns 3.5 miles of river frontage of it and was started by the Wrigley family out of Chicago in 1915 who was a die hard trout fisherman. We went no kill about 25 years ago on a large portion of the gravel stretch and now have a bunch of 24” plus browns and bows hiding out in there.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute

Hooked
I had to look that up. Very interesting for sure, all that I need right now is another direction to spend more on[emoji38]

That stretch is the best section of gravel East of the Mississippi and has ranked up there with western trout streams. Our club owns 3.5 miles of river frontage of it and was started by the Wrigley family out of Chicago in 1915 who was a die hard trout fisherman. We went no kill about 25 years ago on a large portion of the gravel stretch and now have a bunch of 24” plus browns and bows hiding out in there.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’d definitely like to get up there one late summer and throw streamers for those browns...

I got interested in the one handed skagit style of fishing after seeing a guy at the Big Ku lodge last summer in Alaska using it...he was having rotator cuff issues after having surgery on it, and he was in his mid 70’s... he was bombing casts with large streamers on a 5wt with no problems. I have occasional shoulder issues with adhesive capsulitis, and wanted to try this style while utilizing my conventional 9’ rods and not having to invest in two handed rods...

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’d definitely like to get up there one late summer and throw streamers for those browns...

I got interested in the one handed skagit style of fishing after seeing a guy at the Big Ku lodge last summer in Alaska using it...he was having rotator cuff issues after having surgery on it, and he was in his mid 70’s... he was bombing casts with large streamers on a 5wt with no problems. I have occasional shoulder issues with adhesive capsulitis, and wanted to try this style while utilizing my conventional 9’ rods and not having to invest in two handed rods...

Makes sense.

If you’re ever out this way, It’d be awesome to do a couple day float. The best time for the big browns is mid June. We have a huge hex hatch at dusk and these big browns gorge themselves till midnight or later. Run a glow line and cast towards the sound of a rising brown and hold on!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute

Hooked
Makes sense.

If you’re ever out this way, It’d be awesome to do a couple day float. The best time for the big browns is mid June. We have a huge hex hatch at dusk and these big browns gorge themselves till midnight or later. Run a glow line and cast towards the sound of a rising brown and hold on!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Have you ever skated any mice for those browns?...

wjtstudios

Hooked
Have you ever skated any mice for those browns?...

Absolutely. One of my most favorite ways to Flyfish!

IMG_7613.jpg

This was from this past summer. Not on a mouse, but a giant bug with a similar presentation. Hop it off the bank and work it across the top of the water.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_6148.jpg

Limit sculpin and plenty of sand dabs today on 1/2 day out of marina del rey . Probably caught and released 8-10 calico bass and rockfish that were just under 14” or not yet in season . Looking forward to March

Top Bottom