What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Angry Aussie

^^ What BC said. Unfortunately, I have very much experience with bending shafts and yours sounds like a classic case. See diagram below. Where the red arrow is pointing is the general area that bends and the axle wobbles. Sometimes it's not even noticable and sometimes it will look like an old wagon wheel if you bend it bad enough. I've done both. :grayno:

View attachment 336403

What he said. I’m in the same boat as Ddays. I really don’t wheel that hard when I do go wheeling but I’ve still managed to bend 4 different rear chromoly shafts. All were upgraded and bigger and stronger than stock ones and they still some how got bent.

Anyone who has wheeled with me would tell you I don’t push my rig too hard. Sometimes shit just happens. Hope you get it figured out soon. Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spazbyt

Hooked
Radiator hoses, thermostat and coolant flush... It was a shit show. The good news is I don't have to clean my 5 gallon bucket because I didn't get a single drop of coolant in it. :doh:
20191018_145517[1].jpg

On a serious note though, my petcock doesn't even drip when I open it. I tried blowing back through it with a airgun but nothing. Can the petcock be removed?

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Radiator houses, thermostat and coolant flush... It was a shit show. The good news is I don't have to clean my 5 gallon bucket because I didn't get a single drop of coolant in it. :doh:
View attachment 336580

On a serious note though, my petcock doesn't even drip when I open it. I tried blowing back through it with a airgun but nothing. Can the petcock be removed?

Can’t help you on the petcock, but I feel your pain. It’s a nasty job....

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Radiator hoses, thermostat and coolant flush... It was a shit show. The good news is I don't have to clean my 5 gallon bucket because I didn't get a single drop of coolant in it. :doh:
View attachment 336580

My old radiator is still out in the shop, when I get home after a bit I’ll look at it. If not I wonder if you could fish a wire through it to try to clean it out.

Spazbyt

Hooked
My old radiator is still out in the shop, when I get home after a bit I’ll look at it. If not I wonder if you could fish a wire through it to try to clean it out.
That's a good idea. I appreciate the help. My old Cherokee you could just pull the whole petcock out. I'm not sure if the JK is the same but with all the plastic on the bottom of the radiator I didn't want to risk breaking it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
That's a good idea. I appreciate the help. My old Cherokee you could just pull the whole petcock out. I'm not sure if the JK is the same but with all the plastic on the bottom of the radiator I didn't want to risk breaking it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

You can pull it out. Just grab it with pliers after it’s open and pull out while turning it some moe. Probably not the easiest thing to do while it’s in the Jeep.
IMG_1694.jpg
IMG_1693.jpg IMG_1692.jpg

Highly suggest never using the petcock on radiators. Something I learned the hard way on German cars. Theyre fragile, break, leak, the orings fail, sometimes wont engage all the way. It’s faster and easier to just pop the lower rad hose off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

Yup. Code popped up after 25 miles or do. Small evap leak.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That sucks.

When I fixed mine, it lasted just long enough to get snogged.

Light came back about two days later. I feel like I dodged a bullet on that one.

Hopefully I can register it somewhere else before it's due for smog again.

Top Bottom