Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

Kuboske

LBL, KY., and TN.

Land Between the Lakes. That 170,000, acre area the TVA bought up and threw everybody out of, in 1963. Very cool place in spite of the whole govt., "imminent domain"; thing. One main highway through the middle, and untold miles of remote gravel roads to trails in the woods. Over 400 pioneer cemeteries. Only one remaining structure that I know of, a late 1800s Church, in the woods. TVA didn't find it, so, therefore didn't burn it down.
Four wheel drive challenge: 0
Scenic factor: 6
Get away from humans factor: 10

Absolutely alone in the woods.
They do have a OHV park, within the Natl. Rec. area. Didn't check it out, as I don't particularly care much for OHV, playpens.
100_6476.jpg
100_6502.jpg
100_6498.jpg
100_6506.jpg

Kuboske.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Land Between the Lakes. That 170,000, acre area the TVA bought up and threw everybody out of, in 1963. Very cool place in spite of the whole govt., "imminent domain"; thing. One main highway through the middle, and untold miles of remote gravel roads to trails in the woods. Over 400 pioneer cemeteries. Only one remaining structure that I know of, a late 1800s Church, in the woods. TVA didn't find it, so, therefore didn't burn it down.

They do have a OHV park, within the Natl. Rec. area. Didn't check it out, as I don't particularly care much for OHV, playpens.
View attachment 336634
View attachment 336635
View attachment 336636
View attachment 336637

Kuboske.

That’s why I love this community! Guys always out finding new routes and trails that I didn’t know existed. Very cool spot, I hope to check it out one day!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick

View attachment 336634
View attachment 336635
View attachment 336636
View attachment 336637

Kuboske.

Where is this? It looks like a good family day thing to do

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kuboske

Where is this? It looks like a good family day thing to do

JKbrick, It's in western Kentucky, mostly. Extends into Tennesee. The entire land area between Kentucky Lake, and Lake Barkley. It was seemingly abandoned, last week. We like to get away in the late summer/fall, so as to escape crowds. I'm guessing it would be crowded with boater folks, in mid summer. Things I didn't mention are, you can primative camp anywhere with a permit, full of wildlife, they have buffalo, and elk there, and BALD EAGLES a plenty!

JKbrick

I had to look it up. Central Kentucky. Massive for this side of the Mississippi

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick, It's in western Kentucky, mostly. Extends into Tennesee. The entire land area between Kentucky Lake, and Lake Barkley. It was seemingly abandoned, last week. We like to get away in the late summer/fall, so as to escape crowds. I'm guessing it would be crowded with boater folks, in mid summer. Things I didn't mention are, you can primative camp anywhere with a permit, full of wildlife, they have buffalo, and elk there, and BALD EAGLES a plenty!

Sounds like we all need to go camping and explore this place

Got2fishon

New River Trail

New River Trail
Rating: Moderate (We found the trail to be more towards the easy rating)
Length: 19mi
Time: 3hrs
FunTreks Guide:Trail # 41

Long trail climbs through remote Sonoran Desert to forest. Trail climbs through remote high Sonoran Desert into Tonto National Forest. A State Trust Land permit is required west of forest boundary. At the end of the trail, licensed vehicles can head south on F.S. 24 to Carefree or north to Bloody Basin Road, Trail #33. Camping is allowed on state land (with permit) at the start of trail.

Rst8rox

Few friends an I got a few spy shots and had to make a last minute trip down to the Silver lake sand dunes. Never in my life have I seen the dunes look like this.... IMG_3920.jpg IMG_3921.jpg
It was truly the best time I’ve ever had there. Rst8rox never felt more at home on the dunes than this weekend. The tops of the hill were all channeled out and impassable to “most”! IMG_3924.jpg IMG_3925.jpg IMG_3922.jpg
Not to mention that it was a ghost town!!!!

JKbrick

Few friends an I got a few spy shots and had to make a last minute trip down to the Silver lake sand dunes. Never in my life have I seen the dunes look like this.... View attachment 336702 View attachment 336703
It was truly the best time I’ve ever had there. Rst8rox never felt more at home on the dunes than this weekend. The tops of the hill were all channeled out and impassable to “most”! View attachment 336704 View attachment 336705 View attachment 336706
Not to mention that it was a ghost town!!!!

Looks like a ghost town, what tore the dunes up so bad?

PokerStogey

Went up to Tepuifest 2019 at the Hollister Hills OHV Park for some camping, cooking, hanging and all around shenanigans in a sea of Tacos and Subs. Still had a great time! IMG_8498.jpg IMG_8494.jpg IMG_8506.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom