What problems does your Jeep have this week?

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
And it looks like I have drag link problems. My steering is real squirrelly after yesterday wheeling. Jeep floats around at speed and I have play in the steering wheel now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
And it looks like I have drag link problems. My steering is real squirrelly after yesterday wheeling. Jeep floats around at speed and I have play in the steering wheel now.

Torque the drag link, tie rod and track bar and make sure they are at spec. If that doesn’t help, there’s a good chance you steering gear is going.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
I'll check them all for sure. I got under the jeep last night and wiggled the drag link and it seems like maybe just the ends are shot, the ball joints are loose as a goose.
Torque the drag link, tie rod and track bar and make sure they are at spec. If that doesn’t help, there’s a good chance you steering gear is going.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
Went to one of the local shops, my drag link is shot, there is play in it when turning the steering wheel. The shop owner is super cool and gave me a take off tie rod, drag link and steering stabilizer as I have 110k miles on my jeep.

Maujind

Banned
My steering wheel is broken. Instead of working at home on preparing my property for sale in Italy here I need to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can a moderator delete this post please

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191106-170510_Messenger.jpeg
    Screenshot_20191106-170510_Messenger.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Running errands, as I a block from my house I heard a grind, pulled in on drive way and heard another grind sound. Lady followed behind me and said something was hanging down by your rear wheel. Such a nice old lady, thanks!

Bolt for shocks and control arm somehow came apart with other 2 bolts to hold the bracket. Took few hours to repair, back on the road Screenshot_20191107-144327_Gallery.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom