Show your Knives!

Chris_Chil_JKU

I've had a number and variety of EDC knives over the years, but for the last 10yrs+, this one seems to be my go-to. I've owned it for nearly a quarter century, and it takes a reasonably nice edge. The screwdriver and scissors are also handy, as is (obviously) the bottle opener: plus, for whatever reason, I've noticed if you tell people you're carrying a SAK, you don't see as many get their panties in a bunch versus carrying another blade... go figure! 20190716_092152.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
Ok. Me, being a lurker, saw some joking about it being Halloween and threads being brought back from the dead. So I’ll bump this one. I have dozens of knives. Here are my Strider knives. Made by Mick Strider. He advises using his knives as tools. Cut, pry, beat it up... stands by his product. The one on the right has some hard miles. Use it all the time since 2001. The one on the left did not fit my thigh rig, so I haven’t used it much (my wife thinks it’s hers). The pouch was designed for the M9, so rather than carrying that POS, I kept multi tools in the pouch. Not the sharpest knife in the shed, but it has proven itself to me. IMG_0607.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
And then I have my family heirloom. My grandfather was issued this when he went to WWII in the Pacific. He passed it to my uncle who fought in Vietnam. My uncle gave it to me where it was carried thru Afghanistan and Iraq (with a few of the other world’s armpit’s as well). IMG_0681.jpg
Grandpa’s Ka-Bar. And yes, that is a WWII era .50 cal ammo box.

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
And then I have my family heirloom. My grandfather was issued this when he went to WWII in the Pacific. He passed it to my uncle who fought in Vietnam. My uncle gave it to me where it was carried thru Afghanistan and Iraq (with a few of the other world’s armpit’s as well). View attachment 337287
Grandpa’s Ka-Bar. And yes, that is a WWII era .50 cal ammo box.

That’s awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I'm going through my great granddad tools some more and uncoveres this. Perfect handle and the metal is in great shape but I cant find the name for this knife and therefore I can't find the sharpening procedure. I need to reset the edge but don't know what angle to hit it at. 1572738403027.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I'm going through my great granddad tools some more and uncoveres this. Perfect handle and the metal is in great shape but I cant find the name for this knife and therefore I can't find the sharpening procedure. I need to reset the edge but don't know what angle to hit it at. View attachment 337358

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks like an old carpet knife. Might be able to use a ceramic rod to sharpen it.

DMF

I picked up this little novelty knife for $13

IMG_4241.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked
Picked up 3 new knives to give my PM3 a break:

1. Kershaw Knockout - Sandvik14C
2. Kershaw Dividend - 420HC
3. Benchmade Bugout - S30V w/ CF Elite scales.

The Knockout will probably end up being my Jeep knife... the Dividend &
Bugout into daily rotation. I’m really liking the Bugout more than expected.

IMG_2949.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
So the Bugout was my first Benchmade... immediately I liked the Axis Lock... A lot. But it’s a little light for me. So I got the Mini Presidio II.. perfect! The day the Presidio came in, the omega springs broke on the bugout.. So now I lost a little faith in Benchmade... the bugout was also gritty as shit. New springs just came in and I polished the shit out of the lock bar and back of the blade. They should not of used Titanium on the lock bar. The Presidio is solid though.

IMG_3056.jpg

New tri tip and brisket slicer came in yesterday. Wish it had a couple more inches on it (that’s what she said) but I like it so far.

Adjustments.jpg .
Benchmade Meatcrafter

TrailHunter

Hooked
New tri tip and brisket slicer came in yesterday. Wish it had a couple more inches on it (that’s what she said) but I like it so far.

View attachment 349220 .
Benchmade Meatcrafter

Man, thats a great looking blade. Their stuff sure is clean.

I’ve been on a fixed blade binge lately.

Got a Mora Garberg Stainless for the Jeep... Cooking/Camp Knife

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Also picked up an ESSE PR4 & an Izula ... had the ESSE4 :

Adjustments.jpg

danford.lau

Caught the Bug

buenavides1

I don't know why my dad keeps on purchasing stuff like this one even if he is not using it.

Attachments

• knife.jpg
    knife.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 113
Top Bottom