The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
How are you going to paint the frame after the welding? Your parts all look so good

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

They suggest painting everything but where you have to weld and then spray bomb. Honestly with the wheels I'm going with and the coilovers going on, I'm not going to drive this in the salt ever again.

And thank you!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
They suggest painting everything but where you have to weld and then spray bomb. Honestly with the wheels I'm going with and the coilovers going on, I'm not going to drive this in the salt ever again.

And thank you!

I agree, salt sucks... only time I’m going out in the winter is on the back of a trailer and when they haven’t sprayed the roads in a while

Rst8rox

Yup the salt is always a battle up here (Northern Michigan). Trailer to and from, and than a lot of quarters spent at the Carwash before she gets put back in the garage.

JKbrick

Sweet! This is like Christmas every day I get stuff in UPS. I have all my parts in the kitchen/living room so I can look at them :D

Wish you were closer so I could have you install these CO mounts & the long arm brackets

You should throw up the Christmas tree and lay it all under it [emoji268][emoji268]

jeeeep

Hooked
I wish I hadn't gone thru this thread...

I thought I would sell my JK but now having 2nd thoughts. Hard to start over completely when I could just upgrade :doh:

The JL may not get anything done to it until more product options come out next year.

Ddays

Hooked
I went through the last 8 pages or so of the thread but didn’t see it. Are you doing a specific kit or putting your own brew together?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

It's these Synergy mounts for the front: https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jk-front-coilover-conversion-kit.html
Getting the front coilovers through Bubba - he ordered a custom King valving & spring setup from Accutune

The rear is a set of used ORE valved Kings and EVO mounts I got great deal on. Those are the ones in the pics - I sent those to him for a rebuild.

I already have the EVO long arm kit installed but with the older rear mounts that hang down from the frame. I'm installing the high clearance mounts so I quit dragging on everything.

jdofmemi

I’ve really enjoyed the trail readys. I thought the ring bolts would be an issue since they stick out a bit, but I have not had any issues.

On my Trail Ready wheels, I left the washers off last time. That leaves the bolt flush instead of sticking out rubbing on shit.

My only knock on them is the ring being thinner than the others out there. It seems strong enough, I just wish there was more protection for the bolts.

When I dismounted my tires, I had to hammer the socket on probably over a quarter of the bolts.

Ddays

Hooked
On my Trail Ready wheels, I left the washers off last time. That leaves the bolt flush instead of sticking out rubbing on shit.

My only knock on them is the ring being thinner than the others out there. It seems strong enough, I just wish there was more protection for the bolts.

When I dismounted my tires, I had to hammer the socket on probably over a quarter of the bolts.

That was my only concern with these wheels. What tires are you running? Did you have to use the spacers between the wheel and ring?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
It's these Synergy mounts for the front: https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jk-front-coilover-conversion-kit.html
Getting the front coilovers through Bubba - he ordered a custom King valving & spring setup from Accutune

The rear is a set of used ORE valved Kings and EVO mounts I got great deal on. Those are the ones in the pics - I sent those to him for a rebuild.

I already have the EVO long arm kit installed but with the older rear mounts that hang down from the frame. I'm installing the high clearance mounts so I quit dragging on everything.

Curious, what made you go that route upfront as opposed to the Evo bolt ons?

Ddays

Hooked
Curious, what made you go that route upfront as opposed to the Evo bolt ons?

Went back and forth on this with Bubba. Honestly after he suggested I look at the Synergy I really liked the clean look of the weld on mounts - both on the frame and axle sides.. I'm not worried about going back to coils and I like the fact that these are made specifically to be welded on. Honestly the EVO's would have been easier because I could have done those myself. Now I have to get these installed. Oh well.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Went back and forth on this with Bubba. Honestly after he suggested I look at the Synergy I really liked the clean look of the weld on mounts - both on the frame and axle sides.. I'm not worried about going back to coils and I like the fact that these are made specifically to be welded on. Honestly the EVO's would have been easier because I could have done those myself. Now I have to get these installed. Oh well.

Fair enough! I imagine it will have a similar look to the DTD without the bypass shock. The only thing that I think would push me towards the Bolt On CO is that it allows you to run 2.5s.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Fair enough! I imagine it will have a similar look to the DTD without the bypass shock. The only thing that I think would push me towards the Bolt On CO is that it allows you to run 2.5s.

Does DTD not allow you to run a 2.5? Cause that’s what I’m running. 2.5 coilover and 3.0 bypass.

Top Bottom