What was done to your rig this week?

Ddays

Hooked
Drove up to Mount Vernon, about a hour north of Seattle, to Trailready Beadlocks to have my wheel replaced. I met with the owner Larry and he gave me a quick tour of the shop while his employee changed out my tire onto the new wheel. I did ask if I could take some pictures, but he asked that I not take any as he has some proprietary machines and procedures specific to their wheels. Wheels are just a small part of what they do...their main business is metal fabrication, but Larry got into the wheel business due to his love of off road racing (which he still is into).

It was very gracious of him to take the time to show me around the place, and replace my wheel for free including labor to swap over the tire. It is good to know everything Trailready does is being manufactured in the USA, including having to find a new American foundry to cast & forge their wheels before final machining at their location. wish I could have shown you some pics...they had some pretty cool setups...and his main machinist is a die hard rock crawler as well.

That's really cool. I love seeing manufacturing processes and factories where things are made. Too bad about the pics but completely understandable. It's pretty amazing how flow forming takes place. I don't know who else manufactures their wheels this way but flow formed wheels are similar to forged wheels in strength. Not all the way but still stronger than cast wheels.I'm leaning heavily towards a set of TR wheels in the very near future. :thumb:

There are several vids on Youtube, but this one explains pretty plainly how it'e done.

Last edited:

zfort001

Double flats. I just jacked up each axle one at a time, pulled the beadlock ring and used a plug patch to safely repair the damage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191102-142304.jpg
    Screenshot_20191102-142304.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 179

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
One to go. They look great. No issues with the airbag sensors?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Not that I know of. I put it on the passenger seat. There isn’t one on the driver seat. I haven’t turned the Jeep on yet. Just threw the seat in and came in to cook dinner. Will try it later.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked
Oil Change & Wipers...

While at Pep Boys I saw this Rain-X waterless car wash.. I thought it may work to spot clean the Jeep between regular washes... especially the hood which gets dirty fast, just sitting in the driveway...

Well, I just cleaned the whole Jeep in about 15 min... 2 rags and it took care of glass, paint, trim everything... a little goes a long way. This is my new favorite detailer.

IMG_1911.jpg

Top Bottom