Nfl 2019

Brute

Hooked
Ok...my high school qb (the coach’s son who couldn’t throw a ball into the ocean if he was standing on the beach) was about as good as Rudolph That Can’t Pass Reindeer...I was a wr on that team...mostly running crossing routes to pull linebackers away from where we were going to run...on every play...after two seasons without a win, I ran cross country my senior year...

Ddays

Hooked
Way to win and still end up being the idiots, Browns. :thumb:

LOL, I went to bed after the second or third interception and missed the ending. D didn't show up.

Edit: Just watched the replay. I thought that no one could top the asshole Burfict's behavior. :grayno:

Oh, and the rematch is in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks :pop2:

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Honestly, he should be out of the league for good. You have to send a very strong signal about that kind of play.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Brute

Hooked
Honestly, he should be out of the league for good. You have to send a very strong signal about that kind of play.

I agree...and I’m waiting for the first player to have a serious (career ending or not) injury to bring a substantial lawsuit against the perpetrator...

Ddays

Hooked
I agree...and I’m waiting for the first player to have a serious (career ending or not) injury to bring a substantial lawsuit against the perpetrator...

Yup, we do not need another Daryl Stingley - one of those was enough. Frankly I'm surprised that there haven't been more of them.

JAGS

Hooked
I hadn’t watched the game, but YouTubed the play after reading it here last night. That was just crazy. Dude roughs the passer with a body slam long after the release. Then proceeds to rip his head off. Luckily the helmet came off first. There’s just no place for that. 16 game suspension, fine and mandatory anger management. Career ending, not sure, but I suppose that could be possible.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

The more I watch the video and break it down, the more I’m inclined to back off of my statement above. Given Rudolph’s behavior on the ground, I understand but cannot condone Garrett’s action.

Rudolph needs a pretty healthy suspension and fine as well.

Ddays

Hooked
The more I watch the video and break it down, the more I’m inclined to back off of my statement above. Given Rudolph’s behavior on the ground, I understand but cannot condone Garrett’s action.

Rudolph needs a pretty healthy suspension and fine as well.

Understand the action of hitting someone on the head with a helmet!? I respectfully disagree. Granted Rudolph lashed out, but only AFTER he was taken to the ground WELL after his part of the play was over. Garrett was plainly giving him the business and wouldn't let him up off of the turf. Pouncey deserved his suspension, but I don't feel that Rudolph should be suspended. Fined, yes absolutely.

Brute

Hooked
While Rudolph may have instigated the altercation by grabbing Garrets helmet first, I’m fairly certain had he been successful in yanking it off, he would not have used it as a weapon...in fact, I cannot recall a helmet being swung and hitting another player in the head ever before...most likely because players understand the dire consequences of such an action from an injury standpoint...

Should Rudolph also be fined and/or suspended for his participation?...that’s up to the league to decide...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Understand the action of hitting someone on the head with a helmet!? I respectfully disagree. Granted Rudolph lashed out, but only AFTER he was taken to the ground WELL after his part of the play was over. Garrett was plainly giving him the business and wouldn't let him up off of the turf. Pouncey deserved his suspension, but I don't feel that Rudolph should be suspended. Fined, yes absolutely.

I’m not condoning it and I’m not saying he shouldn’t be suspended, I’m just no longer in favor of a lifetime ban.

Rudolph was pulling his face mask with one hand and trying to pull his helmet off with the other. He should be suspended for a few games and fined but not nearly to the level of Garrett.

...in fact, I cannot recall a helmet being swung and hitting another player in the head ever before...most likely because players understand the dire consequences of such an action from an injury standpoint...

Unfortunately, it does happen just not on National TV during a game. Michael Strahan even admitted today that he did the same thing to somebody in practice.

Again, I’m not condoning the behavior. After looking at the entirety of the situation, and this player’s on and off the field attitude before and after the incident, I’m just not inclined to support a lifetime ban.

Brute

Hooked
I’m not condoning it and I’m not saying he shouldn’t be suspended, I’m just no longer in favor of a lifetime ban.

Rudolph was pulling his face mask with one hand and trying to pull his helmet off with the other. He should be suspended for a few games and fined but not nearly to the level of Garrett.

Unfortunately, it does happen just not on National TV during a game. Michael Strahan even admitted today that he did the same thing to somebody in practice.

Again, I’m not condoning the behavior. After looking at the entirety of the situation, and this player’s on and off the field attitude before and after the incident, I’m just not inclined to support a lifetime ban.

I couldn’t imagine getting hit in the head with a helmet by Strahan...that’s gonna leave a mark

Ddays

Hooked

I also would not favor lifetime ban. I'd certainly have a sit down before the season began next year and lay out a no-tolerance policy.

Ddays

Hooked
I also would not favor lifetime ban. I'd certainly have a sit down before the season began next year and lay out a no-tolerance policy.

Yes, I'm replying to my own quote. As of tonight I am off of the fence regarding lifetime ban now. With the revelation that Garrett is now claiming that Rudolph used a racial slur a week after the incident and that is what triggered him has me leaning yes, lifetime ban. I am so goddam sick and tired of these pussies pulling the race card when it suits them with NO repercussions. Fuck this guy. Ban 'em. Done. Go find work elsewhere asshole.

Last edited:
Top Bottom