EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I’m thinking I’ll either go ahead and camp on the river or if anyone gets a place with an extra room I would be to go in on it in a month or so

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I'm not sure if I will make Moab, but I would be interested in running some of the Colorado trails with you guys. I love the Telluride area! I was planning on going to All4Fun a couple weeks before, but this sounds like fun...

jeffj

Caught the Bug
After spending the better part of the morning catching up on this thread, this sound freaking awesome. Put me down as a maybe. It sounds like this trip is meant to be for me. I just checked the dates on Mountain Bike Nationals in winter park and they line up perfect for this trip.

One of my concerns is leaving the high mountain of Colorado to head to the desert in August, but if everyone is doing it, maybe I shouldn't be such a puss. This really does look epic with all the interest from such cool people. :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
After spending the better part of the morning catching up on this thread, this sound freaking awesome. Put me down as a maybe. It sounds like this trip is meant to be for me. I just checked the dates on Mountain Bike Nationals in winter park and they line up perfect for this trip.

One of my concerns is leaving the high mountain of Colorado to head to the desert in August, but if everyone is doing it, maybe I shouldn't be such a puss. This really does look epic with all the interest from such cool people. :thumb:

That's awesome Jeff! You can be the trail guide on Pritchett & Hells Gate ;)

wjtstudios

Hooked

Yeah, it’s going to be hot. But this runs about so much more than just wheeling Moab, it’s about getting to meet a lot of the people that we talk to so often.

I’ll put you down. The whole thing is still in the planning stages. If it works out you can make both parts, that would be awesome, but even if you can just make the Colorado portion, that’ll be great too.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jeffj

Caught the Bug
That's awesome Jeff! You can be the trail guide on Pritchett & Hells Gate ;)

Yes, I would love to do that. I ran it last year and we had a blast. I can definitely get us out of the canyon, but after that there is a long dirt/sand road with a lot of turns. That would be my only problem.
I totally agree, this trip will be about a lot more than just wheeling. FYI....don’t forget about the escalator!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yes, I would love to do that. I ran it last year and we had a blast. I can definitely get us out of the canyon, but after that there is a long dirt/sand road with a lot of turns. That would be my only problem.
I totally agree, this trip will be about a lot more than just wheeling. FYI....don’t forget about the escalator!

We got a trail guide! I’m in Jeffs group!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Coop

Caught the Bug

I looked at that when I was out there this past year and passed on it. The first drop is like a soup bowl with lots of rubber. Looked close to damn near vertical getting out, and that’s just the beginning! I chicken shitted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nbunga

Caught the Bug
For those of you that have gotten accommodations set up already, what part of town are you staying in. Is it a very big town or would pretty much anywhere in Moab be good?

Ddays

Hooked

Oh, absolutely! I'm still bummed about the EJS trip.

I looked at that when I was out there this past year and passed on it. The first drop is like a soup bowl with lots of rubber. Looked close to damn near vertical getting out, and that’s just the beginning! I chicken shitted out.

Well now's the perfect time to do it! You and I can bring up the rear on our little 'ol 37's :naw:

For those of you that have gotten accommodations set up already, what part of town are you staying in. Is it a very big town or would pretty much anywhere in Moab be good?

It's spread out along the Colorado River in a valley so it's a long town. Not what I'd call a big town though - population is around 4-5000 IIRC. Anywhere would be fine. We're in the same neighborhood as Weebz & Bill. See below. In Ouray we're in a house about a quarter mile outside of town opposite of the Timber Ridge Lodge.

Hey neighbor! I'm 2 doors down from you on the opposite side of the street.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Oh, absolutely! I'm still bummed about the EJS trip.

Well now's the perfect time to do it! You and I can bring up the rear on our little 'ol 37's :naw:

It's spread out along the Colorado River in a valley so it's a long town. Not what I'd call a big town though - population is around 4-5000 IIRC. Anywhere would be fine. We're in the same neighborhood as Weebz & Bill. See below. In Ouray we're in a house about a quarter mile outside of town opposite of the Timber Ridge Lodge.

Hey neighbor! I'm 2 doors down from you on the opposite side of the street.

That is awesome! I’m ready for beers and the community pool now

Coop

Caught the Bug

You and me!

It's spread out along the Colorado River in a valley so it's a long town. Not what I'd call a big town though - population is around 4-5000 IIRC. Anywhere would be fine.

I agree with this! Great town with just about everything. I decided to stay with KoA, but might still change my mind. Idk.

Brute

Hooked
Man, it's too bad you couldn't delay this trip two weeks...I don't get back from Russia until Aug 10th..

Top Bottom