What problems does your Jeep have this week?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Would putting a stronger bolt be a good idea or do you think it would damage the mounts or the arm. My brother works for a bolt manufacturer that does a lot of high strength stuff of all sizes. I can see if he can get something with more sheer strength.

I doubt it. If something is off with geometry or whatever it’s probably putting the entire weight of the Jeep on one bolt. I’m just not sure why it’s happening. I know a few people that haven’t had any issues, some that have had a couple and others that have had a lot.

The worst part is getting that damn nut in there. The rear lowers are the worst to get in too.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

WTF? Broke another??

I should note that it’s only been an issue on 2012-up JKs. Moby and anyone I know with an older JK has not had this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Mine have been breaking on an 08. Never heard it was a 2012 and up JK bigger issue. Why would that be?

MericaMade

I doubt it. If something is off with geometry or whatever it’s probably putting the entire weight of the Jeep on one bolt. I’m just not sure why it’s happening. I know a few people that haven’t had any issues, some that have had a couple and others that have had a lot.

The worst part is getting that damn nut in there. The rear lowers are the worst to get in too.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

What about a F9 bolt? I was told they are stronger then a grade 8.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Mine have been breaking on an 08. Never heard it was a 2012 and up JK bigger issue. Why would that be?

Weird. I swear, if this had ever happened to me, I would have made a post about it years ago. The only people I've ever seen this happen to are guys with newer JK's. But then, we never had it happen on Rubicat.

I'm sure we all know that jeeps never stop having problems but that's just part of the fun. Interested in seeing what went wrong this week .

For starters everyone I turn my windshield wipers off they just start to go faster, in order for them to actually turn off I have to turn my car on and off.

Let's here what wrong with your guys' rigs.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QU

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
Started hearing a strange clicking noise coming from the front end. Doesn't matter if I'm in 2wd or 4wd. Not a consistent noise but today towing a trailer it started getting worse and the front end actually started vibrating but it went away. Almost felt like a tire out of balance. Possible hub assembly issue?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
Today, 6 days after my final payment on the Jeep was made, my check engine light came on for the first time. Shocking. Needs a new thermostat. No big deal. Just a quick question here, should I just go to autozone to pick one up or do I have to go thru mopar?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Today, 6 days after my final payment on the Jeep was made, my check engine light came on for the first time. Shocking. Needs a new thermostat. No big deal. Just a quick question here, should I just go to autozone to pick one up or do I have to go thru mopar?

Picked up mine at the dealership and stayed with Mopar. They’re not that expensive.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Bear_JT

Hooked

Mopar. It’s not expensive really.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Primo82

Caught the Bug
My jeeps leaking around the door seals again... Technician swore up and down it was due to my rugged ridge door sill guards. I admit, the water is letting loose of the sill at that point. But the water is coming in around the door gasket closer to the mirror. After 45 minutes explaining that regardless of whether the sill guards are installed I'm still getting water inside of the door gasket at a completely different spot. You could literally see the water. They agreed to replace the door gasket. Hopefully that fixes it.

JCPII

'15 JKUR, Auto-stick has a mind of it's own. Sometimes I can shift manually with auto-stick, sometimes not. Once in auto-stick, sometimes it won't go back into Drive when lever pressed and held to the right. :thinking:

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
Thanks wjt & bear. Really isn’t a price point issue for this particular item as it is a matter of convenience. And I truly hate dealerships. I’ll go ahead and follow your advice tho. A friend of mine cleared the code for me since he thinks it’s the sensor and not the thermostat itself, but recommend it be changed anyway. I’ll head to the dealer in a few days. Thanks again.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks wjt & bear. Really isn’t a price point issue for this particular item as it is a matter of convenience. And I truly hate dealerships. I’ll go ahead and follow your advice tho. A friend of mine cleared the code for me since he thinks it’s the sensor and not the thermostat itself, but recommend it be changed anyway. I’ll head to the dealer in a few days. Thanks again.

It’s an easy swap, just messy. I cut up an old milk jug and piped to a res on the floor and secured it under the stat. It caught 99% of the fluid.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

GregC

Safelite installed a windshield on my jku and it whistled real bad so they came out again to redo it...then it leaked! So when the tech was taking that windshield out he scratched my paint around the windshield down to the metal. Had to take it a shop for new paint and new windshield because he cracked it trying to pry it out. Safelite did pay fr my paint job

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using WAYALIFE mobile app

AgBass01

Caught the Bug

I replaced mine when I did my oil cooler. Bought Mopar brand on Amazon for $30 I think.

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
My clicking noise was my front driveshaft CV joint. The boot was gone and had slung all the grease out. Picked up a free OEM from a local shop and swapped it out yesterday. Saving up for an Adam's. IMG_20191124_111002_829.jpeg

Top Bottom