Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

Slimebones

Damn this run caught my eye. That’s a full day! Couple of my favorites.
My name is Tom and I live in the Denver area. Couldn’t help but notice this thread. I’m working until noon on Saturday, but I will keep an eye out on this thread in the future if it’s an open group!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Catch you in the future then. Always an open group.

Ended out running spring creek around 1pm. Lot more snow than I thought. Winched up the hard left and winched a bit through the rock garden...some of the drifts on the longer switchbacks were almost too deep. Basically gunned it up the whole trail
Saw some people at the gas station later that night who were going on a recovery mission near St. Mary’s. Be safe out there...

Slimebones

Ended out running spring creek around 1pm. Lot more snow than I thought. Winched up the hard left and winched a bit through the rock garden...some of the drifts on the longer switchbacks were almost too deep. Basically gunned it up the whole trail
Saw some people at the gas station later that night who were going on a recovery mission near St. Mary’s. Be safe out there...

Sounds like you had your hands full. Wish I had pursued this further. Did you go up there solo? I should have gone with you.

boardsurfer

Wow good info! I didnt think there would be very much snow at all.

Yea I was deceived because the wall was completely dry, but after just a little elevation, the trail got deep quick. And yea I was solo...kind of a last minute after work decision haha

Slimebones

Yea I was deceived because the wall was completely dry, but after just a little elevation, the trail got deep quick. And yea I was solo...kind of a last minute after work decision haha

Ballsy move. Good to have a winch and to know how to use it. You got pretty far up there though.

Yea indeed. There was one point when I had exceeded the winch duty cycle and was waiting for it to cool down, and the snow was coming down pretty hard that I was considering other options if the winch were ever to fail. I’m gonna finally buy a hi lift jack just to have a manual ratcheting device. I was gonna buy a chain fall through work, but the hi lift is much cheaper. Just now finished pulling apart the winch housing and cleaning all electrical connections. I put a rust inhibitor spray over everything inside there...

anviljk

Superwinch tiger shark 9.5. Never had a problem with it. but don't know how the new ones are after being bought out. Had a hard decision to make. Upgrade bent axles, new wheels, tranny issues and it backfired every once in awhile. Almost forgot it went into limp mode just turning on the cruise control.

So, what's the story?

What kind of winch is that? It looks narrow

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom