The build of Wheezy (aka anti-squeakers)

Napalm

The new daily. Not jeep related but hey I haven’t posted in MONTHS. The jeep is about to be in parts soon as I rebuild the front axle. View attachment 334624

In other news I got a new family member a few weeks ago. Meet maverick! Oh he loves jeep rides!
View attachment 334625

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice! I too just invested in a daily and it’s nice to be able to keep the Jeep at home in the shop while you work on it!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
DAD9F884-51F3-4828-B5BC-6296E1C12578.jpg

The jeeps been sitting in the garage for awhile. Been rebuilding the front end for months... got him out today for a little dust off. Just need to replace the ball joints and hopefully the wobble issue is fixed. Literally replaced every part. Gotta love it!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
View attachment 338967

The jeeps been sitting in the garage for awhile. Been rebuilding the front end for months... got him out today for a little dust off. Just need to replace the ball joints and hopefully the wobble issue is fixed. Literally replaced every part. Gotta love it!

Jeep looks good. Hope you get the issue fixed soon.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Ok so here’s the current issue. Pulled front shafts to replace u joints. In the process the passenger side plastic guide piece got stuck(it’s not out) but it broke. I can’t get the shaft back in bc I believe the small plastic piece that broke off is in there.

Any recommendations?.... my only thought is to pull the 4 bolts and ya k out the whole carrier but I’ve never ventured into that area and don’t wanna screw anything up in the front end.

WJCO

Meme King
Ok so here’s the current issue. Pulled front shafts to replace u joints. In the process the passenger side plastic guide piece got stuck(it’s not out) but it broke. I can’t get the shaft back in bc I believe the small plastic piece that broke off is in there.

Any recommendations?.... my only thought is to pull the 4 bolts and ya k out the whole carrier but I’ve never ventured into that area and don’t wanna screw anything up in the front end.

Long piece of wire or coat hanger with a hook on the end ? How small is the broken piece?

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Are you sure it didn't fall out and you didn't see it? You could try wad of duct tape, sticky side out, on a long dowel or coat hanger. Go fishing.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I can’t see the piece in the tube but also can’t get my shaft back in.... I might have to go fishing again

Ddays

Hooked
I can’t see the piece in the tube but also can’t get my shaft back in.... I might have to go fishing again

Drop the diff cover and blow compressed air through the axle tube.

Or just say the hell with it and get a used PR44 axle. :brows:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Drop the diff cover and blow compressed air through the axle tube.

Or just say the hell with it and get a used PR44 axle. :brows:

Don’t steal my ideas!! I texted him this before you posted and I got proof lol!

Top Bottom