What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Look for scoring marks on the axle housing where the carrier races sit, and look at the carrier bearing races (their outer diameter surface). That will at least tell you if they spun in the axle housing.

This. If the bearing race spun you will be able to feel a ridge with your nail where it sits. You can also take the race and stick it in and tighten the caps then try to move the race around side to side. If you find an issue with the housing it would need a sleeve welded in, or more likely cost wise an axle swap.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There is a way to make that forever disappear, but I’m not sure if when you scan it, it indicates that the “procedure” has been done.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would rather do that to the silver Jeep than the two door. I’m going to replace the gas filler tube and gas cap again before I bring it back to the dealer.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
New one for me with my 2015. The passenger side doors (both) will not lock/unlock with either the key fob or the button on the passenger front door. However, the button on the the passenger front door will unlock/lock the driver’s side doors. All power windows are working as they should. There is clearly power going to the doors.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
New one for me with my 2015. The passenger side doors (both) will not lock/unlock with either the key fob or the button on the passenger front door. However, the button on the the passenger front door will unlock/lock the driver’s side doors. All power windows are working as they should. There is clearly power going to the doors.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Angry computer. I would start with popping the battery cables overnight

Edit** reread that. Thought you said they locked unlocked with passenger button. So the left doors don’t unlock lock at all? Follow the harness up

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Angry computer. I would start with popping the battery cables overnight

Edit** reread that. Thought you said they locked unlocked with passenger button. So the left doors don’t unlock lock at all? Follow the harness up

Left doors open normally with all buttons (including buttons on right door). Right doors don’t open with any buttons.

JKbrick

Whelp. Check engine light came back on after 44 miles on my way to get it smogged. Frustrating.

Holy shit, more than frustrating I’m sure. My daughters 2012 burps gas when she lets it fill automatically and I went to price the tube and it was $368 at a dealer! They are $200 online

jdofmemi

Whelp. Check engine light came back on after 44 miles on my way to get it smogged. Frustrating.

That's some shitty luck😭

Last year I lucked out. Check engine light came on about 30 miles after I snogged it. Same thing, small evap leak.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Look for scoring marks on the axle housing where the carrier races sit, and look at the carrier bearing races (their outer diameter surface). That will at least tell you if they spun in the axle housing.

This. If the bearing race spun you will be able to feel a ridge with your nail where it sits. You can also take the race and stick it in and tighten the caps then try to move the race around side to side. If you find an issue with the housing it would need a sleeve welded in, or more likely cost wise an axle swap.

Thanks guys. I still have it open but not sure if I want to go as far as pulling the carrier. Tribe16 set it up this last time, and I want to trust that work was quality, but with the setup being so close to the inside of the teeth I’m not sure if it was less than stellar work on their part. I may get in contact with them and see what they have to say before I take it apart.

Exodus 4x4

Thanks guys. I still have it open but not sure if I want to go as far as pulling the carrier. Tribe16 set it up this last time, and I want to trust that work was quality, but with the setup being so close to the inside of the teeth I’m not sure if it was less than stellar work on their part. I may get in contact with them and see what they have to say before I take it apart.

Dude, replace EVERYTHING. The locker is probably fine but should be inspected very closely. If Tribe did that kind of work, I’m very disappointed. I’ve seen some real shit gear work done by other shops though, so it can happen.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Dude, replace EVERYTHING. The locker is probably fine but should be inspected very closely. If Tribe did that kind of work, I’m very disappointed. I’ve seen some real shit gear work done by other shops though, so it can happen.

That’s the goal, carrier, full install kit, gear, pinion.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Holy shit, more than frustrating I’m sure. My daughters 2012 burps gas when she lets it fill automatically and I went to price the tube and it was $368 at a dealer! They are $200 online

There is a service bulletin on that issue. They replaced part of my filler tube when I had my airbag recall done. Took care of it and didn’t cost me anything.

JKbrick

There is a service bulletin on that issue. They replaced part of my filler tube when I had my airbag recall done. Took care of it and didn’t cost me anything.

Which dealer? Both of them in Fort Wayne told me there wasn’t after I specifically asked because I knew there was. Even if it is because hers is a 2012 shouldn’t matter because it looks like it’s the same part number for 07 - 18

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Which dealer? Both of them in Fort Wayne told me there wasn’t after I specifically asked because I knew there was. Even if it is because hers is a 2012 shouldn’t matter because it looks like it’s the same part number for 07 - 18

This is something I should look into as well. Our 08 2-door burps too

nbunga

Caught the Bug

It was O’Daniels. I’ll look if I still have the paperwork to see if it shows the bulletin number.

littlebeas

This is something I should look into as well. Our 08 2-door burps too

They took care of it on my 08 2 door when I took it in for the airbag. It’s nice being able to fill up the tank without having to wash it immediately afterwards.

Top Bottom