Oscar's No Build Thread

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Rid myself of annoying seatbelt slap:

IMG_9339.jpg

Add a generous strip of velcro (hooked side)

IMG_9340.jpg

IMG_9341.jpg

Works great!

red84cj7

I'm curious how well the Velcro will stay attached to the B pillar. I'm thinking about sticking an external speaker for my CB on the A pillar right above the tweeter in the same fashion. One on each side actually. Did you use the Velcro that has adhesive already on it or did you use something else, like 3M double sided tape?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I'm curious how well the Velcro will stay attached to the B pillar. I'm thinking about sticking an external speaker for my CB on the A pillar right above the tweeter in the same fashion. One on each side actually. Did you use the Velcro that has adhesive already on it or did you use something else, like 3M double sided tape?

I used the kind with adhesive. Seems to be pretty secure for my application.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
JKini by Spiderweb Shade:

IMG_9409.jpg

IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_9408.jpg

Looking forward to keeping the sun from reaching over my sunglasses[emoji41]! $49.38 after a 10% Amazon coupon and a $10 Prime Day credit [emoji1303].

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Oil change and tire rotation got derailed when I spotted this groove in one of the rear rotors:

IMG_9610.jpg

The pads looked really thin:

IMG_9611.jpg

Made a short trip to Napa for some goodies:

IMG_9609.jpg

I’m actually glad I got this done now vs. letting it go and having to do it in January. Original rear brakes replaced at 56k.

Last edited:

Napalm

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I’m excited! After 4 years and 60,000 miles, I finally feel that I got my money out of the stock Goodyear Wrangler SRA P255/75 R17 tires.

Ordered today Cooper STT Pro LT295/70 R17. They are scheduled to arrive on Thursday, mounted on Friday. If all goes well I might even chop the front bumper into a stubby and add some end caps that I got for Christmas.

Looking forward to Oscar growing up, even if it’s just a little bit!

WJCO

Meme King
I’m excited! After 4 years and 60,000 miles, I finally feel that I got my money out of the stock Goodyear Wrangler SRA P255/75 R17 tires.

Ordered today Cooper STT Pro LT295/70 R17. They are scheduled to arrive on Thursday, mounted on Friday. If all goes well I might even chop the front bumper into a stubby and add some end caps that I got for Christmas.

Looking forward to Oscar growing up, even if it’s just a little bit!

Congrats. You'll love them.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Well, I learned today 295’s on stock wheels are going to require wheel spacers. Ordered two sets of Spidertrax 1 1/2” spacers so we can give it another try on Monday [emoji849].

sipafz

Caught the Bug
So Pretty:

IMG_0413.jpg

While waiting for the wheel spacers to arrive, I got the oil changed and:

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

I think the bumper chop turned out pretty good. Now I’m ready to give the tire install another shot tomorrow.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Happy Birthday Oscar! It’s been 4 years and 60,000 miles of adventure and fun! Enjoy your new hikers:

IMG_0423.JPG

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Now back to the shop to design and make a spacer for the tire carrier.

Top Bottom