Engine idles at 1500 RPM's at startup until coolant level reaches 197 degrees

DMF

I think...your fucking high or something...or your an idiot...with a $40k vehicle with 2000 miles on it, and you think something is wrong with the engine...however you persistently ask the same question here instead of dealer. Or...your just a little SLOOOOOOW.

and I don't need another thread... I can do it here if you really want.:crazyeyes: I WHEEL HARD YO! :bleh:

Dipshit

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Regolith

For what it’s worth, I have experienced the same thing with my 18 JLUR. It’s a uniquely high idle for what seems longer than a traditional warm up cycle before the rpm kicks down to normal idle speed. I think it’s a programmed idle duration to get the engine up to operating temps faster. Not an expert or anything, just a fellow 2.0T owner with an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Don’t know the Jeep 4 cylinder, but my guess is it’s running high idle to heat up the cat faster for emissions efficiency.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
For what it’s worth, I have experienced the same thing with my 18 JLUR. It’s a uniquely high idle for what seems longer than a traditional warm up cycle before the rpm kicks down to normal idle speed. I think it’s a programmed idle duration to get the engine up to operating temps faster. Not an expert or anything, just a fellow 2.0T owner with an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Don’t know the Jeep 4 cylinder, but my guess is it’s running high idle to heat up the cat faster for emissions efficiency.

Bingo and bingo. I did some research at the dealer I work at today and it's designed to warm the engine for ideal combustion and exhaust sufficiently so fuel efficiency and exhaust fumes numbers are the same from first start to after a long drive

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

DMF

I'm going to stop bitching about the sound of the motor because it's beginning to get old. The motor is a preppy little engine that is fun to drive.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
1500 rpm until it reaches 190+ temp doesn’t sound right to me. It’s normal for initial start up to light off the Cat converter for emissions but for 10-15 mins till it reaches that temp isn’t right. It doesn’t sound like it’s going into its “closed loop” which makes me think a sensor isn’t reading right.

Top Bottom