What did Brown Santa show up with today..

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
You’re keeping 3” fronts and 4” rears? Curious how this works out if that’s your plan. I have 3” rears and 3/4 spacers... still looks a little low to me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yah I think I’m running 3” front springs with 1” spacers . Will run 4” springs on back and probably keep a 3/4” spacers on back right to fix lean . Welcome thoughts on this . Will I need to adjust my control arms lengths ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rst8rox

Well USPS showed up with a bunch of new winch supplies!! Like a new motor to replace the burnt up one from the reject run a few weeks back! And some safety upgrades after seeing the cable brake on a buddies jeep. IMG_4809.jpg IMG_4975.jpg IMG_4978.jpg IMG_4976.jpg

Never been so excited to get out and help recover a fellow jeeper!

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Well USPS showed up with a bunch of new winch supplies!! Like a new motor to replace the burnt up one from the reject run a few weeks back! And some safety upgrades after seeing the cable brake on a buddies jeep. View attachment 341396 View attachment 341397 View attachment 341398 View attachment 341399

Never been so excited to get out and help recover a fellow jeeper!

Awesome! Nice pile of loot!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Just went to the shipyard and picked up some evo bombers and skins for the JTR. Huge shout out to Cindy at ORE for working with me on getting this stuff to a freight forwarder I’ve never used before. Tremendous help. 🤙🏽

IMG_0113.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just went to the shipyard and picked up some evo bombers and skins for the JTR. Huge shout out to Cindy at ORE for working with me on getting this stuff to a freight forwarder I’ve never used before. Tremendous help. 🤙🏽

View attachment 341405

That’s awesome, they going to look great on the JT!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
That’s awesome, they going to look great on the JT!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I think so too.. the wife was complaining about not having a step and I haven’t even lifted it yet. Gotta keep her happy or she’ll cut me off from buying parts. lol. I still need to take this thing to the other side of the island for powder coat, order some kind of nutsert tool, and grow the balls to drill into the body [emoji51].

Ddays

Hooked
Every step of this process adds more tools, more parts. Then move onto the next step and repeat.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

You know it. I'm in the process of swapping out all of the spare parts & pieces that I carry from the old stuff to the new.
Actually kind of fun because i"m finding little things here and there that I need to grab.

Rst8rox

Gonna try your hand at splicing? I've watched how to do it and it's pretty cool how it;s done.

Got my Coilover adjustment tool in today.

View attachment 341406

From what I’ve seen it’s ridiculously easy with the fast-fid. With any luck it will be to fix someone else’s winch line not mine. You know if you have it, you will not need to use it. You forget it and it’s the only thing you will need.

Nice.... that’s a good tool to have in the bag!

Last edited:
From what I’ve seen it’s ridiculously easy with the fast-fid. With any luck it will be to fix someone else’s winch line not mine. You know if you have it, you will not need to use it. You forget it and it’s the only thing you will need.

Nice.... that’s a good tool to have in the bag!

You can get it done with a stick in pinch, but obviously the kits easier

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Like the Fox or Eibach ones? I looked at those too but wasn't sure if the pin would fit into the holes in the adjusting nut.

I just bought one on amazon. They are way easier to turn than what you bought. The one you have is good for the bench. Not so great on the Jeep. It’ll work, just not as easy.

Brute

Hooked
Get a spammer wrench over that tool. That will take forever.

Like the Fox or Eibach ones? I looked at those too but wasn't sure if the pin would fit into the holes in the adjusting nut.

Back in the day, we had several dozen spanners on each of my technician's benches to fit the various radius's of scuba equipment in order to open them up (and dissuade the public from working on their own life support gear)...often times it got ridiculous to constantly order new specialty spanners for every new piece of equipment that hit the market...so we starting building our own, using either aluminum stock and drilling holes to drive steel pins into, or making hinged spanners that were articulated to fit several different sized radius's...something to consider.

Top Bottom