What problems does your Jeep have this week?

boardsurfer

Are you running ARB lockers?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yes, ARBs. As for update, I rolled it out to the driveway yesterday to see if I could track down the air leak. I hit the compressor, it chugs for a few seconds building pressure, then turns off. Hit the locker and... nothing. Kinda hard to find a leak if it isn't leaking. :idontknow:

So I drove it around the block. When I hit the locker, the air takes off, blowing pretty much non-stop. I figure that means there's a problem in the diff, rather than the line. WJCO suggested I put it on jack stands and spin the tires by hand to try and replicate the issue.

Instead I had to drive across town and while driving straight, I hit the locker and left it on several times. No air leaks.

So, all that to say everything is back to normal. :hmm:

zandejda

Transfer case shifter bushing broke on the shift lever side. Replaced it (pretty easy fix), and then the new one broke the first time I drove it. So, thinking there must be a bind somewhere in the linkage.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

littlebeas

Pulled up on the parking brake lever and the damn thing snaps... gotta pull it apart now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

A.J.

I have a press. Harbor freight special. It’s getting the old bushings out that sucks. Can’t just press them out because they have a shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have used a variety of methods including burning out the rubber and then splitting the sleeve so it will press out easy. My conclusion is that if time is money the labor hrs involved are greater that just buying new control arms. Have fun! Yes replacing bushings sucks!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom