The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

Jsouder53

Hooked
Thank you Jason0311 for the soft top cover. Works perfect [emoji108] IMG_5924.jpg IMG_5925.jpg

I went to install the exhaust today, I was just missing a few pieces. Adjustments.jpg Adjustments.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
That looks great! I'm still slowly cleaning the garage so I I find more stuff I'll let you know.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

That’s a great way to store it back [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I never knew this was an option in ways of storing the soft top back [emoji23] it changed my life lol

The first pic in the exhaust pics looks like a piece that came with my exhaust but I had no clue where it was supposed to go

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha I was just looking through Eddies write up on the quiet crawler and saw it. I’m glad I looked before I took apart my stock exhaust

Thanks for the soft top pics.

That and the cover like you have may be my answer to closing off the rear area around my spare tire

No problem! Hopefully it will help, it’s smittybilt.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Finally moved the rear axle forward, put it off for long enough! My dad was in town and gave me a hand with it which was nice. I shortened them up about an inch, not much thread left.
IMG_5971.jpg hopefully that will be good. I used a bottle jack to flex it most of the way and it seems to be fine

Jsouder53

Hooked
Nice, I had to chop mine back a couple years ago to get it to clear

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I originally tried chopping it back, but still didn’t work. I had to shorten the control arms and I did that on Saturday. Some of those jam nuts were locked on there [emoji23]

wjtstudios

Hooked
I originally tried chopping it back, but still didn’t work. I had to shorten the control arms and I did that on Saturday. Some of those jam nuts were locked on there [emoji23]

I still haven’t been able to unsieze my two rear uppers. I’ll have to take it into a shop to see if they can break them loose.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That was one of my thoughts, but didn’t have one on hand

You’d be amazed at what one of the little blue bottle propane torches can do for stuck things. Obviously a rose bud oxy/acy is way more effective. But the modest little propane torch and then spraying pb blast at it while still hot, saves me every time I work on this thing after winter.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jsouder53

Hooked
You’d be amazed at what one of the little blue bottle propane torches can do for stuck things. Obviously a rose bud oxy/acy is way more effective. But the modest little propane torch and then spraying pb blast at it while still hot, saves me every time I work on this thing after winter.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I was thinking about going to get one, but the store closed.

BeesWax. I’ve mentioned that on here before but never hurts to say it again. That shit works.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’ll keep that in mind for next time as well! Didn’t think that was even a thing!

Top Bottom