The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Well, I would love to, but with the last 3 months having almost no billable work, I'm just trying to catch up. I'm already way over my Jeep budget for the year.

High clearance long arms next, and paired with coilovers if I can swing it. Hopefully next year if things go well.

Oh yeah, that sucks for sure. I'm fortunate that I didn't come to a total halt but was still down considerably. Gotta admit that I couldn't have started this at a worse time, but being that
I began in December what the hell ya gonna do. Had to finish it up. Now that it's all coming back open things are getting back to normal....

jeeeep

Hooked
SOB that looks so good!

I've pretty much given up on house hunting in Utah... so damn expensive for not much!! :doh:

So i'm looking at your build and my JK and getting bad ideas :cheesy:

And then there's also Rubicat still for sale ( I think)

Ddays

Hooked
SOB that looks so good!

I've pretty much given up on house hunting in Utah... so damn expensive for not much!! :doh:

So i'm looking at your build and my JK and getting bad ideas :cheesy:

And then there's also Rubicat still for sale ( I think)

Thanks! Lol, just let me know if you need any more encouragement :brows:
Rubicat for $45k. Start adding shit up and you blow right past that number pretty quick.

Ddays

Hooked
Couple little housekeeping items. My bumps ended up being a little wide and were hitting the very edge of the home-made puck pads so I ordered up 4" dia x 2" hi aluminum "pucks" online & drilled them out. Shouldn;t be any worry about missing them now.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

Also threw in the rear inner liners. Hated throwing them away so I cleaned them up & trimmed for the air bump access.

ww.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Those bumps turned out great!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks. I think Jeff may need to do this as well. His are offset but not sure if his were off as much as mine were.

Nice, I like the offset you did.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. I probably could have gotten away with 3" dia but the 4" centered them pretty well.

I like the rear liners looks good

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, kinda glad I did it now. Plus I wasn't in a big hurry to mask everything off and spray it black.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Couple little housekeeping items. My bumps ended up being a little wide and were hitting the very edge of the home-made puck pads so I ordered up 4" dia x 2" hi aluminum "pucks" online & drilled them out. Shouldn;t be any worry about missing them now.

View attachment 349594

View attachment 349595

View attachment 349596

View attachment 349597

Also threw in the rear inner liners. Hated throwing them away so I cleaned them up & trimmed for the air bump access.

View attachment 349598

I guess it looks pretty OK. Kind of thinking those drilled out aluminum bumps don’t look right. Maybe just throw them my way and call it good? I mean that’s what friends are for right?

Ddays

Hooked
I guess it looks pretty OK. Kind of thinking those drilled out aluminum bumps don’t look right. Maybe just throw them my way and call it good? I mean that’s what friends are for right?

What time do you want to pick them up?:idontknow:

Ddays

Hooked
That is looking good!

Good idea on the oversized bumps.

Thanks Jer!

Nothing wrong with custom bump pads. Looks good.

Thanks!

I’ll just grab them on our way to Moab!!!!

I'll have the Monster or beer ready depending on when you get here.

I enjoy seeing the finishing touches that go into these big builds. It's cool to see all the small detail things come together. Gruff is bad ass !

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! Funny because I enjoy the same. I remember looking at the builds when I joined thinking there's no way I'd ever do one of these but damn, here it is. And I love seeing how other people do things and how stuff gets made. One of the biggest attractions to this site initially was how much real world knowledge is here, starting with Eddies videos that got me hooked in the first place :thumb:

Elroy231

Totally understand what you mean. As I thumb thru some of these threads I'm amazed at the talent I come across. Critical thinking and problem solving at its finest level is what can be found. I'm voting Wayalife on this years ballot!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Cooper took back the square tire they sold me and gave me a new round one.

I don't know if it's the 40's being a class C sidewall (13.50/37's are E) or the Trail Ready wheels, but these are way easier to mount than my Chamber Pros were.
It popped right into the tire.

tire 1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

Top Bottom