Tent trailer size? & Build thread

CalSgt

Hooked
Trick for removing a broken tap, courtesy of my dad who broke two today in the same hole...

If enough is sticking out a nut can be threaded on it and tack welded on. In my case it snapped off nearly flush.

Drill a hole the same size as the tap in a piece of metal, I used a washer. Tack weld it on then use a chisel and hammer to carefully spin it loose.

Pictures didn't turn out very good...
IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
Final assembly today

Mounted the rack to the body and hoisted it up with a come along
IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

laid a bead of caulking on the frame, rolled it under & bolted it down
IMG_4087.jpg

Got most of the wiring for the Stop, Tail, Turn & back up lights done
IMG_4096.jpg

Hoping to get the lights finished, doors hung, & most of the accessory wiring done tomorrow

CalSgt

Hooked
Finished wiring the tail lights & side markers, hung the doors & installed the latches

IMG_4104.jpg

Mounted the tongue box and batteries, two group 31 deep cycles should run my fridge
IMG_4107.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

Put 6 flood lights around the perimeter, 2 each on the front, passenger, and rear
IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

Hoping to get the wiring for the flood lights, dome lights, underbody lights, license plate light, inverter, 120 volt outlets, and switch panel finished this week

CalSgt

Hooked
i like it
any reason you put the axle at the back instead of more centered? I may have missed that earlier

They were originally going to be 6 inches further forward... I let my dad convince me to move them back, i'm still not too sure about it. I'm a little worried about tongue weight & dragging the frame. I built it so they can be moved but it would be a weekend of hard work & a bunch more holes in the frame.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Turned out great! Looks perfect behind the Jeep. Time for a test trip [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

CalSgt

Hooked
Got the inverter and battery isolation switch wired & accessory switch panel mocked up today. I'm going to have to repaint the switch panel, it fish eyed like a MF. I guess paint doesn't like sticking to a teflon brownie pan even if its been scuffed.

1800 watts nominal (3600 surge) enough power for a decent size microwave, coffee pot, or most any handheld power tool.

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
Switch panel (AKA brownie pan) finished and mounted

IMG_4190.jpg

Wiring inside the panel

IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

Perimeter flood lights

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4195.jpg

Murica!

IMG_4196.jpg

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Good lord! When you started I thought “ this is gonna be cool trailer build”. You took this to the next level! Good work!

CalSgt

Hooked
Good lord! When you started I thought “ this is gonna be cool trailer build”. You took this to the next level! Good work!

wjtstudios
Awesome trailer!! Well done

JPast
Wow that looks fantastic. Got me thinking about a few upgrades to my trailer now.

Thanks for the encouragement... Hopefully I have the gumption (and finances) to do phase two which will be a pull out cook station with stove, fridge, and cutting board.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
That trailer is looking awesome. Makes me want to build one even more! I'd be ecstatic to have one turn out even half as nice as that.

Also, I love the brownie pan switch panel! :clap2:

CalSgt

Hooked
Finally got to go back to work on the trailer

5 pound propane tank & stainless power tank mount

IMG_4265.jpg

Replaced the plastic buckles on the battery boxes with MAC's tie downs

IMG_4269.jpg

Interior lights

IMG_4266.jpg

Under body courtesy lighting

IMG_4268.jpg

Added 5 more wires for future use to the switch panel, & cleaned up the wiring on the inside of the trailer

IMG_4259.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 350808

View attachment 350809

Interior lights

View attachment 350810

View attachment 350811

Added 5 more wires for future use to the switch panel, & cleaned up the wiring on the inside of the trailer

View attachment 350812

No more rona? And you didn’t die? You are defying the odds. Lol

That cake pan is a genius idea for the switch panel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

View attachment 350808

View attachment 350809

Interior lights

View attachment 350810

View attachment 350811

View attachment 350812

That's some sweet looking wiring.

Especially the part Overlander called, the cake pan👍

Top Bottom