East Meets West: Moab and Ouray August 1-9, 2020

JKbrick

Enjoy gentlemen! I am a week ahead of you. Was in Moab 23-30, and now in Ouray. Hit Fins and Things, Hells Revenge, Moab Rim, Cliffhanger, and Top of the World, along with Onion Creek road. Ouray, got Engineer, Ophir, Black Bear, Imogene, Poughkeepsie, Corkscrew, Hurricane Pass and Mineral Creek fine in two days.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wondered how your trip was going, sounds so awesome

Slimebones

After putting in a 20 driving day on Thursday, it couldn’t have been possible with out how unbelievable that Ram and trailer are, we felt we deserved a quick little test run up Holy Cross.

View attachment 351033

Both Jeff and my Jeeps were untested after the CO upgrades and there’s not a better place for it.

We burned up and back in 3.5 hours with no issues at all with the new installs. Those COs make such a difference smoothing out the trail.
Here are a couple pictures from the run.

View attachment 351034

View attachment 351035

View attachment 351036

View attachment 351037

View attachment 351038

View attachment 351039

Then loaded the Jeeps back up on the trailer and headed for Moab. What an awesome day!

View attachment 351040

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Windshield banner mysteriously showed up in the middle of the trail at Holy Cross City. What's up with that? Air mail?

WJCO

Meme King
After putting in a 20 driving day on Thursday, it couldn’t have been possible with out how unbelievable that Ram and trailer are, we felt we deserved a quick little test run up Holy Cross.

Both Jeff and my Jeeps were untested after the CO upgrades and there’s not a better place for it.

We burned up and back in 3.5 hours with no issues at all with the new installs. Those COs make such a difference smoothing out the trail.

Glad you were able to enjoy that one :beer:

Ddays

Hooked
Here you go. View attachment 351069

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn!! F’n east coasters! Gruff ok??

And from the bottom

Thanks guys! ��
Damm that really was sideways. Really I saw an awesome rock and wanted a closer look ��

Holly smoke. Jerry, did you shit yourself a bit ?

Actually not really. I was just focused on unfucking myself. Bhaner got me squared back up and off we went. Like he said a couple scratches in the drivers side passenger corner and a scuff on the softtop was all really there was.

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Some of the fun along the way...

108° from the Washington border all the way to Boise. The glare almost makes it so you can't see the outside temp in the top left corner.

Camped/parked last night in Jerome, ID at the fairgrounds. Unhooked the truck to go get dinner. Went to bed and woke up surrounded by cars! Had to get creative to get hooked up again.

$300 got me to Spanish fork just south of Salt Lake City. 7.1 mpg.

I feel your pain...I put 120 gals in the boat last week...at 4.49 a gallon...

Slimebones

Thanks guys! ��
Damm that really was sideways. Really I saw an awesome rock and wanted a closer look ��

Actually not really. I was just focused on unfucking myself. Bhaner got me squared back up and off we went. Like he said a couple scratches in the drivers side passenger corner and a scuff on the softtop was all really there was.

Hard act to follow. Gotta have the balls to try that one. Way to go. :rock::rock:

Brute

Hooked

View attachment 351033

View attachment 351034

View attachment 351035

View attachment 351036

View attachment 351037

View attachment 351038

View attachment 351039

Then loaded the Jeeps back up on the trailer and headed for Moab. What an awesome day!

View attachment 351040

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Nice...my 20 hr driving days are over...my limit these days is 12 hours...and it is almost always by myself...

Andy5160

Hooked
Thanks guys! ��

I am glad your unfucked yourself safely

Brute

Hooked
Thanks guys! ��

Jeep nap is way better than Jeep roll...

Top Bottom