In case anyone missed it....

JKbrick

470HP isn't much when driving around at 10K feet, probably way less than 300whp on 40's. ;)

Now, maybe, I finally have justification to retire my 2007 dog to a nice hill in the field greeting onlookers, can't imagine what it will be like learning to drive again without constantly smashing the pedal to the floor. I think I'm glad I didn't go diesel, the thought of the def tank, extra weight, and other nonsense gave me second thoughts.

How much does this hemi weigh? Cast iron block?

What makes you think you still won’t drive with your the pedal smashed to the floor?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

View attachment 355749

Wonder if the exhaust is loud enough to drown out the wife's complaining about another Jeep purchase :hmm:

Just lay out the costs of dropping your current one off at motech and upgrading al of the things. Then show her the much cheaper MSRP, you’re saving money!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

Sunburn76

What makes you think you still won’t drive with your the pedal smashed to the floor?

Damn, you're right. Just remembered the original reason for getting the jeep so long ago....too many speeding tickets on a 2jz turbo build. Ended up having to beg a DA to keep my license after getting caught doing a speed run between Denver and Grand junction, boy were they mad.

I hear the hemi will only do 99 on stock 33's so I should be safe. :doh:

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

Just watched the release video. Damn that charcoal Jeep is sexy.

If they're releasing axle upgrades with 5.38 gears, you don't need the 4:1 t-case. 5.13 is too low most of the time with the RockTrac.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I have 5.38’s still and a Rubicon transfer case. I haven’t used 4 low much but when I have it’s been too much. I’d much prefer the 2.72:1 over this.

Damn, you're right. Just remembered the original reason for getting the jeep so long ago....too many speeding tickets on a 2jz turbo build. Ended up having to beg a DA to keep my license after getting caught doing a speed run between Denver and Grand junction, boy were they mad.

I hear the hemi will only do 99 on stock 33's so I should be safe. :doh:

Until you tune it and kill the limiter ;)

I could be wrong but that 99 limit is because of the tires speed rating?

We’re talking about making historically the least aerodynamic and worst handling vehicle still in production go over 100mph. Noooobody said it was safe haha.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
How much would the full time transfer case impact off-roadability? I don't understand those well enough to understand if the slipping feature would cause issues with the vehicle gripping on rough climbs like the waterfall Moby went up in the recent video. Would lockers compensate for that at all?

This would be very tempting if it is in the 60-70k range. I'd want to wait a few years to make sure FCA worked out all the bugs... But if it loses off road capability just to gain speed it'll be a hard pass. I prefer motorcycles when I have a need for speed...

WJCO

Meme King
How much would the full time transfer case impact off-roadability? I don't understand those well enough to understand if the slipping feature would cause issues with the vehicle gripping on rough climbs like the waterfall Moby went up in the recent video. Would lockers compensate for that at all?

Many AWD transfer cases still lock in fully mechanically when in low range. I would hope that would be the case with this one.

JJ151

Many AWD transfer cases still lock in fully mechanically when in low range. I would hope that would be the case with this one.

What about flat towing with the SelecTrac awd t-case. Any expected issues with the ability to flat tow the new JLUR392?

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Is some of the “lift” coming from a body lift? Wondering if it needed a 1” spacer or something to fit the tall deck and that fancy air box with enough margin for a manufacturer.....

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Was having a random string of thought today about building one of these:

With the full time 4WD did they ditch the FAD?

Along those lines, the UD60s come with manual locking hubs.

Pretty sure that would cause issues with the t-case.

Would bet that is why it was not part of the launch info.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Was having a random string of thought today about building one of these:

With the full time 4WD did they ditch the FAD?

Along those lines, the UD60s come with manual locking hubs.

Pretty sure that would cause issues with the t-case.

Would bet that is why it was not part of the launch info.

All good points. That Tcase was the only thing I didn’t like about that launch. Don’t quite understand it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom