The build of my flag ship Black Pearl

black pearl

Hooked
Building acoustic guitars is a true art form...something I thought about 30-40 years ago...but it would have cut into my spearfishing/fishing time, so it never happened...

He dose just as a hobby but planning on building more once he retires.

They are really are art! Some of the custom ones he’s made for people are amazing looking.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
A couple of us decided to run poker flat yesterday. Saddleback ridge from downieville to la porte. We spent 13 hours on the trail in the snow. It hadn’t been run since the snow fall. So we broke trail the whole way. It was a amazing day! IMG_4893.jpg IMG_4889.jpg IMG_4916.jpg IMG_4908.jpg IMG_4918.jpg IMG_4925.jpg IMG_4939.jpg IMG_4944.jpg IMG_4941.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
A couple of us decided to run poker flat yesterday. Saddleback ridge from downieville to la porte. We spent 13 hours on the trail in the snow. It hadn’t been run since the snow fall. So we broke trail the whole way. It was a amazing day! View attachment 355844 View attachment 355845 View attachment 355846 View attachment 355847 View attachment 355848 View attachment 355849 View attachment 355850 View attachment 355851 View attachment 355852

Looks like a good time!

black pearl

Hooked
Nice views - just a tip, locking the AF while driving will prevent a lot of the noise in your video.

I have no idea what AF is [emoji848][emoji23]

Maybe auto focus? I don’t know how to do that with a GoPro. I’m guessing by noise you mean light pixelation. I was contributing that to the stabilization feature, trying really hard to keep up.

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I have no idea what AF is [emoji848][emoji23]

Maybe auto focus? I don’t know how to do that with a GoPro. I’m guessing by noise you mean light pixelation. I was contributing that to the stabilization feature, trying really hard to keep up.

Sorry, yes, auto focus. Actually GoPro calls it Exposure Lock. Turn on the camera, touch and hold the back screen until a white box pops up called “Spot Meter”. Tap the box and it will lock the exposure and say as much. Then touch the checkmark. I find this helpful when driving through light and dark areas as it keeps the camera from “hunting” for the perfect exposure. You might end up with some footage over or under exposed, but it won’t be an issue for what your doing.

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

black pearl

Hooked
Sorry, yes, auto focus. Actually GoPro calls it Exposure Lock. Turn on the camera, touch and hold the back screen until a white box pops up called “Spot Meter”. Tap the box and it will lock the exposure and say as much. Then touch the checkmark. I find this helpful when driving through light and dark areas as it keeps the camera from “hunting” for the perfect exposure. You might end up with some footage over or under exposed, but it won’t be an issue for what your doing.

View attachment 355893

View attachment 355894

Gotcha! Thanks for the tip. I’ll try it out next time [emoji106] I’m new to videoing trips.

Top Bottom