Build of my JKU

Ddays

Hooked
Here you go. As you can see in the last pic, sitting in the drivers seat you can't see the corner. That was good enough for me.
And yes, that's last years mud. I still haven't cleaned the interior out yet. :blush:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

MericaMade

Here you go. As you can see in the last pic, sitting in the drivers seat you can't see the corner. That was good enough for me.
And yes, that's last years mud. I still haven't cleaned the interior out yet. :blush:

Didn't see this till now. I do like it and feel like it gives you more visibility. I'm gonna test mine and see if they make any noise the way I cut them.

Also, do you or anyone have a recommendation for front wheel sensor on the D60 front. I sold the others with the PR44 and forgot I need to order them.

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Didn't see this till now. I do like it and feel like it gives you more visibility. I'm gonna test mine and see if they make any noise the way I cut them.

Also, do you or anyone have a recommendation for front wheel sensor on the D60 front. I sold the others with the PR44 and forgot I need to order them.

Be sure to get the ones with the longer wires.

I don't remember the brand, maybe someone else does.

A.J.

63324577671__D4D07742-F660-40A9-86D3-CCC9E3FCCF16.jpg
Turned out good I think. I don’t think I’m going to mess with the corners. Took pretty much all day yesterday to do it. Long overdue.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Ya, I had to slightly notch the tops on both sides. If you end up having to do that, watch how deep you go because they really aren't as thick as you would think. :rolleyes2:

Those side pieces are fun trying to figure how they get in place, eh? LOL, I was scratching my head on those until you get it to go in and it's like, "well that ended up being easy". Kinda like one of those bent nail puzzles....

did you fill the hole? i may have a couple of "thinned" spots lol

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks. I didn’t care for the no trim look, but everyone has different tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

If I had any patience I would have finished mine but I have grown used to the no-trim look now and don't pay much attention to it....

did you fill the hole? i may have a couple of "thinned" spots lol

Lol, I didn't - I just left it. I sold the top last Spring, but if I was gonna use anything I'm probably just smear a little white silicone over the hole & smooth it out.

What Jerry said above - make sure you get longer wires to make up the travel you're gonna have.

MericaMade

What Jerry said above - make sure you get longer wires to make up the travel you're gonna have.

Yeah I'm searching. Fuck it I ordered 4 sets and whichever one is the longest I will install and return the rest.

Last edited:

JKbrick

Be sure to get the ones with the longer wires.

I don't remember the brand, maybe someone else does.

Are they the same as the hub on a 44?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

So, I finally got the time to cut my cage and weld in some new bungs. I ended up cutting 2 1/2 in off each end to finally have adjustability and add the locking nuts. It even swings open better. 20210127_174113.jpg 20210127_174123.jpg

Last edited:

LAJK

Sweet. I couldn't remember who did that, thanks for the pictures. I ran a new line on driver side because I broke it twice. I was able to bend the passenger line to work the same way.

View attachment 357978

You guys mind elaborating on how you got to this point and the parts needed to accomplish this? I’d really like to clean up the rear frame section by relocating the hard lines. What was all involved to get the result you guys now have? I just bought a set of pro rock 60’s and my rig is in the current state as mericamade rig. Figured while it’s down might aswell make a few small adjustments.

Top Bottom