Two Leaf Trail - Goodsprings, NV

Ruvicon

Well after this trail and the NY’s Run, I started hearing a bearing noise as I drove home, so I figured I’d better drain the oil in my rear differential and take a peek and this is what I found:

IMG_1484.jpg

So I pull the cover and find this:

IMG_1489.jpg

But, I had a great time on the trail and was able to drive home for 7 hours on my own!

Vic

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Well after this trail and the NY’s Run, I started hearing a bearing noise as I drove home, so I figured I’d better drain the oil in my rear differential and take a peek and this is what I found:

View attachment 358308

View attachment 358309

But, I had a great time on the trail and was able to drive home for 7 hours on my own!

Vic

Time for 60s ?

rubiDave

That's a bummer. How many miles on that R&P?

View attachment 358308

View attachment 358309

Vic

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

View attachment 358308

View attachment 358309

Vic

This reinforces the decision I made last year to go to bigger axles. It would have been only a matter of time before my 44 looked just like that or worse.

Ruvicon

And looks like this plug weld is breaking loose. Should I grind it out and weld it up?

IMG_1518.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
And looks like this plug weld is breaking loose. Should I grind it out and weld it up?

View attachment 358316

The important weld is the plug to the tube, which I gather is intact. The housing is cast, so it’s tricky to weld. Is there any oil seapage between the housing and tube?

JKbrick

The important weld is the plug to the tube, which I gather is intact. The housing is cast, so it’s tricky to weld. Is there any oil seapage between the housing and tube?

I have read that too, the weld is to the tube and just keeps the two from rotating, I believe the tube is a pressed fit into the pumpkin

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bhaner

Those that were on the trail know that I had an air compressor issue the first time I turned on the lockers. With the lockers off and the compressor on I had a big air leak that we were unable to locate on the trail.

Today I pulled the passenger seat and took a closer look.

What I found was air leaking out of the pressure relief valves on the compressor.

Not sure what is going on. Could be the pressure switch. Could be an overheat issue. I did notice the fan is not running.

I sent a message to ARB to see what my options are.

rubiDave

Those that were on the trail know that I had an air compressor issue the first time I turned on the lockers. With the lockers off and the compressor on I had a big air leak that we were unable to locate on the trail.

Today I pulled the passenger seat and took a closer look.

What I found was air leaking out of the pressure relief valves on the compressor.

Not sure what is going on. Could be the pressure switch. Could be an overheat issue. I did notice the fan is not running.

I sent a message to ARB to see what my options are.

Thats funny, it seemed to improve tightening that fitting on the trail, I figured it just needed a more thorough going over tighting fittings.

I didn't know there's a relief valve. Is that on the pump or manifold? Is the pump running on the side that the fan's not running? Did you check the fuses?

bhaner

Thats funny, it seemed to improve tightening that fitting on the trail, I figured it just needed a more thorough going over tighting fittings.

I didn't know there's a relief valve. Is that on the pump or manifold? Is the pump running on the side that the fan's not running? Did you check the fuses?

Two relief valves. One on each motor/pump. Both pumps seem to be running and making air. It gets up to pressure and then the valves open and start dumping air. Makes me think the pressure switch could be letting it make more pressure than it needs.

There only seems to be one fan. It is in the center with the relays and pressure switch.

I haven’t found a blown fuse yet. The little fan always came on with the compressor switch. That part works. The fan just doesn’t spin.

Last edited:

rubiDave

It sound like your on the right track diagnosing the problem. Do you have a pressure gauge you can put on to see what pressure the relief valves are cracking at?

I've never looked at mine since I installed it. For some reason I thought each pump had its own fan. I've heard of one fuse blowing, and only one pump working - thought maybe that had happened to you.
Two relief valves. One on each motor/pump. Both pumps seem to be running and making air. It gets up to pressure and then the valves open and start dumping air. Makes me think the pressure switch could be letting it make more pressure than it needs.

There only seems to be one fan. It is in the center with the relays and pressure switch.

I haven’t found a blown fuse yet. The little fan always came on with the compressor switch. That part works. The fan just doesn’t spin.

Top Bottom