Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

kellyk

After two months with the new gladiator I was finally able to get her out on trails. The wife wanted to go the mountains for her birthday, she told me I had to find some trails for her. So we headed up to Gatlinburg Tennessee. I found a sweet little place in Cosby, about 45 minutes north of Gatlinburg. Private land but open to the public for a small fee. The guy that runs the place is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Trails were great and the wife says it was the best birthday she’s ever had. Once I figure out how load some pictures up I’ll post a few.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

kellyk

IMG_0684.jpg IMG_0716.jpg [/ATTACH] IMG_0687.jpg IMG_0691.jpg

Pictures from Gatlinburg trip

Attachments

• IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 148

kellyk

Thanks y’all. It was a great time, it’s all the wife can talk about since we got back home. She already has me looking for local places here in Ga. to get out and ride.

bmkrinne

Went out to Dry Creek Management Area today. It was a perfect beautiful day for riding trails!

IMG_1159.jpg IMG_7207.jpg IMG_7197.jpg IMG_1160.jpg IMG_1162.jpg IMG_7205.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
Nothing special. Did a shakedown of the new axle and gears today. Feels good at speed off road. No vibes or steering issues at 80mph. Runs at about 3100-3200rpm at that speed. Its around 2700-2800 at 70mph. Over all, the 5:13's are amazing. The 3.6 pushing 37's feels right at home. No struggle or strain at all. Also per the computer I'm getting 15.5mpg around town. So far I'm really happy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Nothing special. Did a shakedown of the new axle and gears today. Feels good at speed off road. No vibes or steering issues at 80mph. Runs at about 3100-3200rpm at that speed. Its around 2700-2800 at 70mph. Over all, the 5:13's are amazing. The 3.6 pushing 37's feels right at home. No struggle or strain at all. Also per the computer I'm getting 15.5mpg around town. So far I'm really happy.

Very Cool!

JKbrick

Good to hear your happy with the new setup

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It was a really beautiful trail! Got to see a TJ transfer case shit it’s guts out on a rock ledge. Broke the case and rear main shaft, was a mess!

Yikes. Was he bouncing? Gotta leave that “fuse” as the u joint.

FFPulley77

Hooked
IMG_4392.jpg IMG_4395.jpg IMG_4405.jpg IMG_4431.jpg

Jeep took me to Big Bend National Park for 2 nights of backcountry camping and I hit Black Gap and Old Ore Road. Threw in some hiking in the Chisos Mountains for good measure.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Took the fam to the Midway in San Diego today... Saw this Jeep on the Flight Deck. Any of you Navy guys know what this was for?

View attachment 359449

View attachment 359450

View attachment 359451

I wasn’t Navy but I was in Marine aviation for 9 years... but it looks like an older version of an electric cart. Some older aircraft needed external electrical power to start the aircraft until the onboard generators came online. Electrical carts are still used to produce power for maintenance and testing without starting the motors... such as inside a hangar. I could be wrong but that’s what it looks like to me.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I wasn’t Navy but I was in Marine aviation for 9 years... but it looks like an older version of an electric cart. Some older aircraft needed external electrical power to start the aircraft until the onboard generators came online. Electrical carts are still used to produce power for maintenance and testing without starting the motors... such as inside a hangar. I could be wrong but that’s what it looks like to me.

That makes perfect sense to me. [emoji1417]

Top Bottom