Gladiator Bed Cage

fiend

Caught the Bug
That under hanging spare carrier is sick! Love the look of that.

It would be a bitch to get that spare on and off though. Have to take everything out of the bed, get in there on your back, and bench press a 100 pound wheel. Not exactly convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

desertrunner

It would be a bitch to get that spare on and off though. Have to take everything out of the bed, get in there on your back, and bench press a 100 pound wheel. Not exactly convenient.

Haha I had that same thought, like how the hell do you get that thing in and out!?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

It would be a bitch to get that spare on and off though. Have to take everything out of the bed, get in their on your back, and bench press a 100 pound wheel. Not exactly convenient.

I believe it uses the standard cable dangle thingie so no bench press needed.

IMO cages are a waste. Either a full blown topper or nothing at all. I’m digging the vertical spare mount AEV has though.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Looking at the pic, I’m pretty sure it has a mechanical winch of some sort like underneath a pickup (if it doesn’t, it should).

But I agree, you would have to empty a lot of the bed which sucks for sure.

Speaking of which, anyone know if a 37 fits underneath the bed in the factory spare spot?

Lol, I didn't think about that... :crazyeyes:

Still looks cool though :idontknow:

Looking at the pic, I’m pretty sure it has a mechanical winch of some sort like underneath a pickup (if it doesn’t, it should).

Speaking of which, anyone know if a 37 fits underneath the bed in the factory spare spot?

I believe Jeep said it is a max of 35" underneath unfortunately.

Brute

Hooked

I can’t speak to the JT, but I know when I went up from 35’s (which did fit under the bed) to 37’s on the Brute, the spare had to go in the bed

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jasont0311

Caught the Bug

I have a 37 under in the factory spare location. I just had to remove the heat shield. Im finishing lunch but stand by for some sideways pics.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
As promised. I don't know if the pictures help but I was rolling around by our dumpsters like a crazy person and my employees were watching in amazement so I don't want any guff!

Attachments

• 20210219_160710.jpg
    20210219_160710.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 20210219_160703.jpg
    20210219_160703.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 20210219_160626.jpg
    20210219_160626.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 78

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I feel like I would destroy my spare if I put mine there. Especially being that it sits below the tow hitch. Have you had any issues with contact yet?

jdofmemi

I wouldn't run my spare down there. I have ruined the sidewall on F-250s with one size over stock, tucked way higher than that.

Plus, it's one more low hanging thing to hang up on.

Bumper mount for me, if I get one, as I will need the bed open.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Honestly I haven't wheeled since my 37's. Rubbing is definitely on my mind for the spare. I've been getting my Jeep ready so when family is ready for wheeling we're ready (we just had a baby). I've been looking at rear tire carriers and the only one I've seen is JCR. If anyone knows anybody else please let me know.

WJCO

Meme King
I feel like I would destroy my spare if I put mine there. Especially being that it sits below the tow hitch. Have you had any issues with contact yet?

I wouldn't run my spare down there. I have ruined the sidewall on F-250s with one size over stock, tucked way higher than that.

Plus, it's one more low hanging thing to hang up on.

Bumper mount for me, if I get one, as I will need the bed open.

If I actually used mine off-road, I wouldn't leave the tire underneath.

Top Bottom