Az group

you guys are awesome,

this weekend is tough, but the 21st/22nd/28th/29th are all open.

It is an Evo Levelling kit and wheel spacers, so not sure how long we are looking at.

if we get a headcount ready before it goes down, i will pick up all the beer/soda/steaks/sides, etc!

Randy Tadevich

you guys are awesome,

It is an Evo Levelling kit and wheel spacers, so not sure how long we are looking at.

if we get a headcount ready before it goes down, i will pick up all the beer/soda/steaks/sides, etc!
The 21st I am going to BarrettJackson, so for that reason, I'm out. Any of your other dates listed look good for me. Maybe the 22nd?!?!.

Sent from my LGLS740 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Randy Tadevich

you guys are awesome,

If its the kit I'm thinking of, it may take an hour. Do you have a floor jack and jack stands? Tall ones?

I'm not sure if I can make it, but I have a coil spring compressor that comes in real handy for this sort of thing if you need it.

When you firm up on a date, I'll see if I can join.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Randy Tadevich

I'm not sure if I can make it, but I have a coil spring compressor that comes in real handy for this sort of thing if you need it.

Oh cool. I never used one of those. I just planned to drop the axel and pop in the springs. I assume their in the kit.

WJCO

Meme King

Oh cool. I never used one of those. I just planned to drop the axel and pop in the springs. I assume their in the kit.

You shouldn't need coil spring compressors for a job like this. Coils should nearly fall out.

Yeah they're just nice because you don't need to drop the axle as far and can get away with standard jack stands. That said, the one I have is from harbor freight (be afraid) and is probably 20 years old. It works great, assuming it doesn't explode and kill us all.

WJCO

Meme King
When I was young and stupid, i worked at a custom suspension shop with a huge dirt parking lot. We used to compress coils with those things, and toss the whole assy way up into the air and run for cover. Really stupid but really fun too. :D

You shouldn't need coil spring compressors for a job like this. Coils should nearly fall out.
Good to know. The last time I used it was on an XJ a million years ago with an 8" lift. The control arms and driveshaft would bind up before the axle could drop far enough to get the springs out. So we needed it there. I have zero gut feel for a mostly stock JK. For my JK, the previous owner installed the lift, so I have no experience here.

Randy Tadevich

Yeah they're just nice because you don't need to drop the axle as far and can get away with standard jack stands. That said, the one I have is from harbor freight (be afraid) and is probably 20 years old. It works great, assuming it doesn't explode and kill us all.

explode and kill us all...... i think I'm feeling a fever coming on that day. lol. We should be fine dropping the axel. Its pretty quick to do so, what 5 bolts or so. I can bring my lift and stands.

chris4x4

explode and kill us all...... i think I'm feeling a fever coming on that day. lol. We should be fine dropping the axel. Its pretty quick to do so, what 5 bolts or so. I can bring my lift and stands.

I had a coil blow on a coilover assembly, and it broke my thumb. *shiver*..........Anyway, Those little POS harbor freight ones aren't too bad to use on a JK. With, or without, it wont be difficult, and would be a good time to meet folks.

Boy, you guys have messed up ways of installing stuff. I've done several BB's, coils replacements, etc. in my garage...with regular hand tools...

As interesting as it sound to throw some high stakes risk into an easy job, I'd rather keep my thumbs intact. :cheesy:

If you want to bring your Jeep out to my place in Queen Creek, we can bust out the install in an hour or so...everyone is welcome, The drinks are cold and the BBQ is hot.:beer::beer::beer:

Boy, you guys have messed up ways of installing stuff. I've done several BB's, coils replacements, etc. in my garage...with regular hand tools...

As interesting as it sound to throw some high stakes risk into an easy job, I'd rather keep my thumbs intact. :cheesy:

If you want to bring your Jeep out to my place in Queen Creek, we can bust out the install in an hour or so...everyone is welcome, The drinks are cold and the BBQ is hot.:beer::beer::beer:

this would work for me!

How about everyone else?

22nd also works well Randy, if it works for others.

Let me know what kind of steaks to get!

I live in Queen Creek too, so that's an easy drive for me. Unless something bad happens, I'm in.

Top Bottom