Rancho ROCKGear Tube/half doors (front set)

BaddestCross

Well, the ShadeSkins beat the doors here. 😎 UPS says doors should get here tomorrow... So excited! Looking forward to having them for the weekend!

Any tips on installing them? I think you said you had to tweak some things to stop them from rattling.

Napalm

Well, the ShadeSkins beat the doors here. [emoji41] UPS says doors should get here tomorrow... So excited! Looking forward to having them for the weekend!

Any tips on installing them? I think you said you had to tweak some things to stop them from rattling.

Nice! Looks like they will beat my new doors in! And yeah, they will already have the rubber stoppers install so you shouldn't need to do any adjusting, just put the hinges on. I got them decently dialed in, but Rancho says it can vary from Jeep to Jeep, so you might have to adjust slightly!

Make sure and put those shade skins in the sun for a few hours before installing. They will fit tight!! I already miss having half doors!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Nice! Looks like they will beat my new doors in! And yeah, they will already have the rubber stoppers install so you shouldn't need to do any adjusting, just put the hinges on. I got them decently dialed in, but Rancho says it can vary from Jeep to Jeep, so you might have to adjust slightly!

Make sure and put those shade skins in the sun for a few hours before installing. They will fit tight!! I already miss having half doors!

Sounds good! 👍 Maybe you said before and I missed it, but what doors did you end up going with?

Napalm

Sounds good! [emoji106] Maybe you said before and I missed it, but what doors did you end up going with?

You didn't miss it, I haven't said it much just because I finally decided on one a few days ago.

I went with the Bestop Element doors with the Steel Enclosure kits! Hopefully I'll get the four piece order finished up today.
IMG_2857.jpg
IMG_2866.jpg

Last edited:

BaddestCross

You didn't miss it, I haven't said it much just because I finally decided on one a few days ago.

I went with the Bestop Element doors with the Steel Enclosure kits! Hopefully I'll get the four piece order finished up today.

Nice! I was looking at those too. Hope they work out better for you.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
so picked out the replacements , ordered em up ... so a week or so to get em in ... then I'm gonna be conservative here and say 6 weeks to decide naaa not what I wanted and looking to swap em out for something different .....:doh::beer::beer:

Whatever you do, don't read the Amazon reviews on the Enclosure kits. It's a bunch of people whining about a difficult install. All the negative reviews will make you re-think them, but I ordered them anyways!

Thanks for the heads up. There's a WAL'er very recently, can't remember his screen name, but he's been really happy with them. He runs the uppers as well...mentioned they do great in highway driving on his work commutes. Good testimonial there!

Napalm

Thanks for the heads up. There's a WAL'er very recently, can't remember his screen name, but he's been really happy with them. He runs the uppers as well...mentioned they do great in highway driving on his work commutes. Good testimonial there!

Yeah, I saw that and talked to him via Pm about them. It looks like people's #1 complaint about them is that it's not easy to put the Enclosure panel on and off. Once I make them into half doors, they are going to stay that way.

Yeah, I saw that and talked to him via Pm about them. It looks like people's #1 complaint about them is that it's not easy to put the Enclosure panel on and off. Once I make them into half doors, they are going to stay that way.

That is exactly what I would do. Keep them half doors for life.

Can't wait to see how yours turn out!

BaddestCross

Wooo!!!! Can't wait to see them installed !

Me neither! I just had time to open the box to make sure nothing we damaged... Just to be sure I didn't throw anything away, the box contained the doors, the latches, and one bag of hardware, right?

PS: It looks like someone took a packing lesson from EVO. So many peanuts! 😂

Top Bottom